You are here

Five Love Languages

duct_tape's picture

Anyone here ever read this book? I read it when I first met my husband. It fascinated me and made so much sense. I refer back to what I learned in that book almost everyday when dealing with my family. It's a guide to understanding how people perceive and demonstrate love. Not only a spouse or SO but your kids, other family members, friends.

It really does help you to understand other people and avoid miscommunications about feelings. The only person I can't figure out is my SS. There's no chapter in the book for complete selfishness and self entitlement. Anyone know of a good book for that?

sterlingsilver's picture

I've read that book and it's great for most people. It's hard to figure out for others tho. I read it back when I was with my ex and I just could never figure out his language Sad

beyond pissed-off's picture

I am meaningful touch and acts of service. According to FH he is as well. He has the meaningful touch down but he has yet to master the acts of service - unless, of course, they are toward the skids! Asking him to make me a cup of tea when I am sick earns me a sigh and an eye roll. But he expects me to get him a cup of coffee 'just because.' Thanks asshole!

TheBrightSide's picture

Buy the book for sure. It will help you to understand your mate.

DH's love language is "acts of service"...the unfortunate thing about that is he shows love for SD11 by DOING EVERYTHING FOR HER.

(sigh)

asheeha's picture

it's a GREAT book! we tend to give love the way we need it, however different people feel love in different ways. when you know what makes your mate feel the most love you are able to express it in ways that they can appreciate.

it is definitely worth reading!