You are here

First post

Heyjude's picture

I am glad that I found this forum.  Just sharing my situation for now.  I am 53.  I was married to my ex h for 20+ years.  I have been in new relationship for 6, married for 4.   I have never had children of my own.  

Anyway, I now have an adult SD.  She is on disability and may or may not have intellectual disabilities and mental illness. She certainly acts like a spoiled 12 year old.

2 years ago she had a baby with a random dude.  We were not going to get involved and planned on contacting CYS the moment it was possible.  Then he was born and my wife and I (we are 2 women) fell instantly in love.  Head over heels in love.

We brought him home from hospital and have been raising him.  He is my love and my joy.  I will never consider him a step   He is MY little man.

My struggles are with adult SD and my spouse.  I am not ready to chat about that yet, just wanted to get my story out.

ESMOD's picture

It's almost always our spouses toxic relationship with their children... almost always.. that cause us the most heartache in stepland.  welcome and good luck.

Kes's picture

There is good advice and support to be found here, I have been a member for over 8 yrs.  You can post both in the Forum section, or in the Blog section about your situation.  The latter gives you more executive control over what is posted - if you want to remove individual posts or the whole thread, you can, from this section - but not from the forum section.  

Do not be put off by hostile comments when you start posting - there are (fortunately only a few) members here that like to jump on newbies and make aggressive remarks.  You get to know who they are after a while. 

Heyjude's picture

Thanks for the advice and welcome.

Thumper's picture

Welcome to ST.

Glad that you found us. Hopefully you will quickly realize you are not alone. 

Smile

Rags's picture

Welcome, I hope that you find this to be a good place vent, contribute and to pick up some good advice from others who are living the blended family adventure.

Raise this baby as your own.  That works great.... if you can get custody and minimize the influence of the whack job BM/SD.  Be ready to raise a train of her breeding experiments.  

If possible I would move to have her made a ward of the state so that they can manage her fertility in a way that keeps her from saddling you and your DW with more of her spawn.

Good luck.