You are here

Finally, a success!

Lissie's picture

Last week, SO complained he never had time to see SS by himself. So we arranged that today, they would both go to a car show with a friend of SO, and I would get the house to myself.
Then SO tells me he wants SS to bring a friend, so he wasn't just annoying them
Then last night, at SO's friend's party, informs me that SS and his friend dont want to go to the car show, so they will be staying home. SS's friend stayed with us overnight, and SS is staying at his friends house tonight.

Normally, I would just back down. But last night -no. I said I had plans, and I expected everyone to be out of the house. I must have had just the right kind of voice, because SO agreed. Usually, he just argues me down.

SS continued to whine, and negotiate, and tried to say he and his friend would "leave early to his friends" and "go out" if they were allowed to stay home,

SO had both boys out the house at the same time he left. I couldn't believe it.

So - finally, a victory. Mind you, so far this weekend SS has brought home a terrible school report, stolen food, acted like a little baby at a party, whined about having a shower, and complained and complained and complained.

But, I'm getting the whole house, to myself, for a day. First time in about three years. Victory!

SacrificialLamb's picture

You said you had plans....SO probably thought you were cooking he and SS a fancy meal....LOL. But congrats!

Lissie's picture

In my now evil mind, drunk with success at a victory, I now plan on pushing back a lot harder with a lot more things.

This site has been great. It's given me incentive to try standing my ground.

Lissie's picture

Yes....I know....he often gets angry at me because I don't want to do "fun" things with SS, but neither does he! SS is a very selfish, sly little kid.

I am having a great day so far. Went out to breakfast, playing the music I like in MY house....rare luxury!

sammigirl's picture

Good for you! Hope you had a great day. I understand the freedom of having down time in your own home; I hardly ever get it. Grown SD and SGD always blame me because they never get time with DH.

They are welcome to come pick him up and take him to lunch, dinner, movie, on a cruise for a month, whatever they wish; but they don't even call him; therefore I never have a day to myself, unless I leave my home. I hate it. My DH is disabled and no longer drives.

Take more days off in the future.
Go Lissie!