You are here

Fiance's 6 year old driving me out of my crazy skull.

astraleonyx's picture

I don't really know where to start, but here it goes.
(by the way thank you for reading this if you do.)

I'm a 27 year old artist/professor, and have been with my 46 year old Fiance for about 1 year and 1/2. She has a 6 year daughter who is a complete nightmare mostly due to a mother who never disciplines her for anything, yet claims shes doing the best she can?? This kid will follow us around the house and restaurants alike, screaming and yelling at decibels not yet attainable by the human ear. No fair!! You're going to make me mad!! over things like place seatings, pudding, etc. This girl has and i-phone, kindle fire, and every thing her spoiled bratty heart could ever want. She respects no one, with the exception of those that have the intent on doing things her way and giving her what she wants.... this is not a 24/7 routine all the time and endless... but it's very frequent, every day, and enough to drive everyone batty mad

I'd love to just step in and lock that kid in her room until she calms down, but mommy's norm seems to be....( hey it's only miserable, It's not really going to stop, I feel bad for her, so I'm just going to accept this as normal.) And this has gone on because she just can't be the bad guy which is turning me into the insane guy.. Frightening.. I feel a severe lack of freedom with this relationship that I've never felt before. I love my Fiance dearly and we do have a great thing, I just feel at my wit's end, and find it interfering with my concentration in my work more and more.

Thnks

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Well, the child is not going anywhere. It sounds like fiance will not change. Only you can change your reaction / action to what is going on around you.

Get an ipod and when little darling starts screaming - PLUG IN. Ignore it and let fiance do the parenting or non-parenting LOL. It will never be the way you think it should be so you will have to decide what you can live with or without.

It doesn't sound like you should be marrying / or living together either. Why not keep separate places and just date and enjoy each other. You will then have your peaceful sanctuary away from the chaos. Good luck.

notmyspawn's picture

My mom told me in times like this to ask, "must we all suffer why he/she pitches a fit, or can he/she be excused until he/she calms down?" It's a fair question, and if her mom wants to go in the room with her, she can (even though she probably shouldn't) but at least you wont have to deal with it.