You are here

feeling so much better- without SO (now ex) and his stupid princess!!

oncechoosetosmile's picture

OMG, guys, I was so sad and devastated when I finished it with SO three weeks ago, but I want to share with you that I am so relieved that I don't have to see his kid anymore.I still miss him at times, but all I have to do is to think about the reasons for the break AND about his daughters face in my house.I realise that I am much better on without them.I also realise that for a long time I felt tense and deeply uncomfortable about their presence here.Besides SD's behaviour , eg the suck ups to dada, the constant dobbing and attention seeking, it was also SO who was not easy to deal with.This is all in addition of him not wanting to go to family councelling and preferring to sweep things under the carpet.
Since the bu I work two new jobs next to my business and started a music language /Kindergarten project with a music therapist, something I wanted to do for a long time.Also have a homestay .So money hasn't been such a big issue as I thought anymore (plus I actually get some tax benefits being a single parent).
If you feel as desperate , lonely and low as I felt about being in the rs with SO for a long time and if you see that your partner is not wanting to change things, please get out, girls.We all deserve better than being treated second choice and being thrown under the bus for those spoiled daughters.Please believe me , if I can do it , you can do it, too!!!
A side note- I even went on a fabulous date with someone yesterday, hahaha!! But he knows I need time to recover from the recent dramas so I was a good girl and home by 10.30 Lol It made me feel great though (this guy has nooooooooooo kids at home anymore, lol)

luchay's picture

Smile Great to hear, I am glad you are doing so well! Very proud of you and happy for you.

I actually looked into the Homestay option last week, but we are too far from the nearest registered uni's so they can't use us Sad Shame! There is a campus of Monash about 15 mins by train, station is literally around the corner but no go unfortunately (was going to be my secret escape plan just in case LOL)

Kes's picture

Congratulations on your promising new life! and well done for turning things around for yourself - you are a shining example to a lot of women here who need to take that step.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Well done. How good does it feel eh! Just think you have saved yourself a lifetime of her.

Pleased to hear you are feeling a little better if 3 weeks feels this good, just imagine where you'll be at in 3 months .

Have a wonderful weekend

AlreadyGone's picture

Glad to hear that you are doing well with your decision to end the relationship. Sounds like it's the best thing for you, and that you are in a good place mentally, emotionally, and financially. Stay strong. Best wishes on your path back to YOU! Smile

oldone's picture

I spent 4 years with a guy that I really wanted to marry. He said he did too for the first 3 years, but then his parents got in the way. They were born in another country (same one as my grandfather) but absolutely refused to meet me and let him know daily that they expected him to marry a girl from "the old country".

I swear they were as bad as skids. Plans got broken with me constantly because they wanted him to do something with them. It was not that way the first few years. He even stopped spending the night at my home because "his parents might call him at his place" (pre cell phone).

I really loved him and it was so hard to break up with him. But what amazed me was that about 3 days later I was sort of WTF - why did I stay with him that long. From that day on he was just dead to me. We had mutual friends who sometimes told me about his life. He got another girlfriend and dated her for almost 12 years before he married her - when he got cancer and needed someone to take care of him. And then complained that he wanted kids but she was too old. What a good riddance.