You are here

Father's Day, and I'm feeling a bad for DH

Eyes Wide Open's picture

Father's Day is a week away. I feel bad for DH because I know his kids will blow him off, again. Partly, it's his own fault for not instilling any respect in his children and allowing them to do as they pleased with no consequences. He is, though, still their father. he kept a roof over their heads and food on the table. And, he loves his spawn. It's a very sad and dysfunctional situation.

However, both of the grown children pretty much fall down and die on Mother's Day for BM, who left them when they were 5 and 7 years old to do her own thing. She just up and left! Ran around with everyone man who would have her. Hardly ever saw her kids. But, now that they are grown, she's just the bees knees....just proves my point that BMs can set their kids on fire and the kids will still be loyal to them.

qtpie013178's picture

It is sad that your stepchildren don't appreciate their dad. He is most likely the stabilizing influence in their lives, and they are secure in his affection for them. The mother seems to havebeen unreliable, so they are probably afraid she will abandon them again. So they kiss up to her to curry favor, and she most likely tells them everything they want to hear out of guilt.

The mother-child bond is very hard to affect. It usually takes several years of adulthood and possibly therapy to discern when a parent, especially a mother has been remiss in her parenting duties.

Love your husband, make plans for him. Invite the kids without telling him, if they show, great! If not, you show him how appreciated he is.