You are here

faker

Totheend12345's picture

So I am over here thinking about our visitation this weekend.

SD13 comes over, she has a wrap on her arm where she hurt it doing something at BM the weekend before. She had went to the ER that day about it. (Why if it hurt for a week did they wait so long and why not just her normal doctor IDK.) Any ways. She comes over and never once did it hurt her. She was fishing, riding four wheelers, I even playing football with the other kids. It was pretty rough. She never said what the doc said only she thought she sprained it. I am geuessing the doc didnt say anything. 

So she didn't complain, not problems at all, now she is home with BM its hurting again. 

SD13 always has something wrong with her, but only at BMs house. 

Either A DH and I suck and not pay attention when she is sick. 

Or B at BM she isn't getting enough attention and she is fighting for it. 

Its to the point she has missed so much school at BM that she may fail. BM never keeps us up to date on the doctor appointments or when SD is sick. When we pick SD up we usually ask how her week was did anything fun happen. She normally tells us all her sickness. Every time its something or another about going to the doc about being sick. Or she missed school with the stomach bug. She is sick way more then I have ever been and I do not take care of myself at all. 

We asked if she was going to do a sport this summer she said she can't with everything going on. DH asked her what everything was, she said her heart, and arm it was just to much. She had been to a ton of docs last few months over her being dizzy, and tired.  1st of all she is growing, she does'nt eat anything, she only drinks cokes. The docter pretty much told her that was what was wrong. She needs more water, more nutrients all the good stuff. (this is one appointment DH got to go to with her and BM was not happy about.) BM told her she may have a weak heart, so thats what SD is telling everyone. DH told her that bull and she needs to stop acting like its more than it is.  DH heard the doc say there was nothing wrong with her heart at all. 

How do we go about dealing with this BM gets all offeneded every time we say something. But she is allowing SD to miss school, and I honeslty am getting tired of her acting like she is a little flower, DH told her if she missed school cause of her arm that four wheelers were a no go this weekned she cried. He of course didn't stick with it cause we had a cook out. and I honeslty didn't care either way. 

2Tired4Drama's picture

I would highly suggest your DH call SD's primary physician and tell them what is happening, and that SD's mother seems to be encouraging fake illnesses.   This is a form of child abuse and needs to be stopped ASAP.  

AlwaysSmiling's picture

I agree with the two posters above. My neighbor recently got full custody of his two young boys by providing the court with all the doctor's records. Court deemed her unfit by basically doing a bunch of doctor hopping.

Best thing your DH could do (as a father) is be proactive with her education. If she has been so truent that she's going to fail a grade, contact the school's truancy officer to see if charges can be brought against her. 

georgina29's picture

My stepson fakes sick all the time to get out of school. He claimed to have the flu. I said we better take him to the doctor since he was off school for three days in a row. The doctor confirmed that he has no fever and was fine to go back to school. He does this all the time from headaches to feeling nauseas to saying he has a fever when he doesn’t. He gets to play video games, watch all the tv he wants to and eat like a pig when he’s off school even though he claims he has a headache and isn’t feeling well. I wonder why he keeps faking. Lol. It’s a laziness and attention seeking thing for him I believe.