You are here

the ex had a bad day

smurfy1smile's picture

My ex husband had a really great day today! He was laid off until further notice, which will lower my child support from him and put him in arrears more than he is now. Then he gets in acar accident and totals his car. His neck hurts, but it must hurt to have to hold the s**t in his skull called his brains. So now, boo hoo, he may not be able to pick up our daughter for his parenting time this weekend because he doesn't have a car. This man has no savings and the last time he did not work for about a month, he got evicted and moved 70 miles away compared to 30 at the time. His cupboards were bare - daugther never eats well at his place anyway.

I called my mother to chat with her about this and other stuff. My darling mother suggested I drive my daughter both ways to be nice. HA Nice my aunt fanny! I bend over backwards and do flips to accomodate him all the time with changes in time, day and who is picking our child up.

UGH!

sixxnguns's picture

I haven't gotten any child support since October because my ex decided to get drunk and break his leg...he hasn't been back to work since...I'm used to going without it, and don't expect to receive anything anymore..he hasn't contacted our daughter since August of last year...isn't that nice??...he doesn't have a car or a license so I always accomodated him by driving her 50 miles to his place, now I don't care anymore, he can drink his liver up for all I care, I care about how my daughter will react but she's better off...my fiancee is a better father than her real father will ever be...which is sad Sad So I know how you feel...

smurfy1smile's picture

My ex is a recovering alcoholic or so he says. I am with you, he can drink himself to death for all I care. We are better off without him.

sarahbernheart's picture

those ex's are adults they should live with the consequences, it is a shame that the children have to suffer.
I would not drive my kid to that place.
If he wants to see her he could make arrangements..
UGH...

“You will never be on top of the world
if you try to carry it on your shoulders.”

anncanbike's picture

Sorry to say but my husband is so guilty of this. When he was married to first wife had great job $300,000 yr. Got divorced & she got some really good alimony & child support contracts. But he got severed in a co. sale, stayed unemployed for 1-1/2 yrs. on severance pay (Nice huh?) and just recently found some lame job 30 hrs. a week $15/hr. which he child support is based on. Ex-wife is miserable, says she's going to lose her house (and she has not worked in 12 years soooo), swins are 11 yrs old. He thinks he's smart, but now after living there w/him & realizing he spends like he still makes $300,000 yr. (via my financial contribution to the household), I wonder if I also got screwed in this scheme. Oh yeah, 30 hr. a work week is 2 nights a week, plus 2 sat. & 2 sundays a month, so guess whose w/swins while he works? Me.