You are here

ESD (17, nearly 18) posting "Couply" photos of her and my DP over her Facebook page...(again)

Jocasta's picture

I have to tolerate this a few times a year - usually on his birthday, Christmas and Father's Day and last year there was her prom and her confirmation - she will get someone to take photos of just her and D, or take them herself - close up couply sort of shots, like a girlfriend/boyfriend - with her with her arm round him in her usual proprietorial way - and post these photos on Facebook, sometimes with a caption like "I Love you" or "me and the most important man in my life".

This bugs me big time - I hardly ever post photos of me and DP together on Facebook - I don't really feel the need so his photo albums are mostly shots of him and ESD looking to the world like the proverbial happy couple!!

In the past I have ignored it - I don't want to come across as jealous and petty and like I am on her case but to me, it looks wrong. He never instigates this by the way and never posts photos himself and never comments or "likes" the photos but still....

Do you think I should just let it go? I don't want to cause a row over something like this. I think she desperately needs a boyfriend though!

Anon2009's picture

Don't look at her fb. De-friend her. Block her. You name it, do it.