You are here

Entertain sk for 12 hours today

pseudo_stepmom's picture

Husband is working & i will have the 4 SK & my DD for about 12 hours today. Sounds weird, but I've only watched them all by myself two times in our relationship. That was a couple years ago. I don't like the SK & I think my DH is aware of that...he is the one that picks them up & hangs out with them, not me. I usually hide out in the bedroom when I can.

ANYWAY, I was wondering, what kind of activities do you guys have in mind for when they come over so I don't go crazy & want to strangle them & so they're preoccupied & not irritating me? When they come over they just sit in front of the tv & watch netflix ALL day long & play on their ipods & electronics & stuff.

I'm just a little nervous & would like a couple suggestions if anyone has any....thanks (in advance)

briarmommy's picture

I took my ss7 to the library and got him a library card before summer started so that he could pick out his own books, going to the library is an outing and reading the books takes up time to. I also got him workbooks for the summer and if does them well and without complaint he gets a star on his chore chart. The chore chart with the stars really seems to be working he is 7 and he has simple chores like make bed, clean up room before bed, dust coffee table and end table, and follow basic manners. He gets 10 stars he gets a reward, choosing dinner or a $1 toy from doller tree, its been 5 days and his behavior has improved some. I didn;t want him to set around all day and watch tv so I fiqured I would also get him the posters that have felt and you color them in, he was really exited to get that.