energy rates

TinaKay's picture

Not sure where to put this but so everyone knows,
rates have come down drastically, call your electric company
and ask about reduced rates.
I did this morning and went from 15.5 kwHr
to 11.6 fixed rate 2 years, a savings of at least 75 to 150 a month
from what I was paying.
A help to anyone like us, still paying child support, every little bit helps and the savings here is big.
Call and ask for a reduced rate as the cost of energy is down and get it while you can.

TinaKay's picture

I read it in the paper this morning
and called my electric company.
They lowered my rate by almost 1/3.
The rates of energy have dramatically DECREASED this year. Call your energy providers and shop around.

We were ready to switch but then the electric company we use
met the competitions price.
This will result in big savings over time. Was worth the phone call.
You can shop your local prices online and check them against your electric bill and YOUR current rate. Most people will have a decrease in energy costs since the price of energy has come down.

http://www.neo.ne.gov/statshtml/115.htm

http://www.eia.doe.gov/neic/brochure/electricity/electricity.html

TinaKay's picture

wow

what a bunch of corperate gouging BS !!!
Sorry you can't choose.

Where I am in the south, there are about 12 or more companies to choose from to supply electricity.
It can be confusing as to WHO to pick as they have many hidden aspects like variable monthly rates vs fixed ones, some have 100-200 disconnect fees but overall, this morning we saved enough for a free month of child support each year.

Child support Sad
ugh, can't wait until its over.

Only a few more years.

melis070179's picture

We can't choose either! Only one provider!

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"

Tara12's picture

there is only one provider and the rates keep going up every year so we are totally screwed. Glad to hear someone got a break though...