You are here

DUH!! SP's are WINNING!

BellaMia's picture

High-five @tskarbow for the inspiration behind this...

This week, I want all of my fellow SP's to come in here and share your stories of WINNING! Afterall, we're awesome so, DUH, of course we're winning all the time!

Here's mine for today:

I confronted my SS11 last Friday about lying on me when he told DH that he didn't do his homework because I had it. In truth, I had pulled all the papers out of his bookbag and sat them on the coffee table for DH to review when he got home from work. I told the little bugger that if he ever lied on me again, he would have problems... Well, SS didn't speak to me the whole weekend. LOL! It was bliss. The three of us went to a movie on Sunday and he didn't say two words. I asked DH (in my most concerned voice, of course!), "What's wrong with SS?" DH replied, "Not sure... I was going to ask you. Did something happen?" I said, "Well, I just told him the other day that I didn't appreciate him lying on me and that he shouldn't do that in the future or else..."

Well yesterday, SS came to me and said, "Um... I just want to say I'm sorry... for my lie..."

Damn right... WINNING!

BellaMia's picture

Good for you! Ages?

My little bit of experience had shown me that it has less to do with whether or not I love them and more to do with how the kids receive my love and what they give in return... But I am glad to hear you have struck a balance with yours! Do you make housecalls? Smile

DisappointedMom's picture

My SD13's BM is 2 years older than I am. She's 31 but she looks much older than that, probably due to smoking for years. And my SD13 came to me the other day and told me that she was so glad that I quit smoking because her Mom looks REALLY, REALLY old but I still look young.......DUH Winning!!!!!
Hahaha.
Thank you for starting this......the good things are so rarely recgonized.