You are here

dread the weekends so bad I want to run and hide

Mentalgirl48's picture

Dad comes home on weekends from work..and of course has lazy boys..I dread it so bad. My nice clean tidy house will be destroyed. He refuses to make them help clean up after themselves. So he will do it but still leaves a mess on Monday. I have to wash my couch cushion covers because the fat boy stinks and makes my house smell.he gets so angry when dad tells him to shower..they do nothing but sit on my couch and play video games and eat what dad makes them.lazy lazy. Thank goodness I have my own car again to disappear for a few hours every day. .I can't take it.

Mentalgirl48's picture

This kid doesn't get it nor does he get embarrased about his BO. Hes so self entitled he says that he doesn't like it when people make him do things he doesn't 'want to do (like shower) and doesn't care about his Bo because others smell as well (ummm no not in my house hes the only one). I have told his dad that I refuse to sit and eat with this kid when he sticks so bad and that if he doesn't get a shower before dinner I will not be joining. This usually results in a long dramatic argument between him and stick bag because this kid doesn't feel he needs to do what he is told at all. (hes 16)

I don't even sit on my own couch while are here all weekend. I sit outside in my hammock or go for a long walk or hide upstairs.

LostinSpaceandTime's picture

Invest in a plastic slipcover for your couch or a heavy duty plastic work tarp. Do not allow him on the furniture unwashed. He can sit on the floor or dad can buy him a folding camping chair that can be stored in his room.
There is no excuse for a 16 year old to reek of body odor. If he has to shower three times a day with a strong soap then that is what has to be done. Has he been checked for diabetics since he is overweight?

Good luck. Personally I would throw out the couch. And buy my own comfy portable chair. Your DH is dropping the ball here in not making the boy shower. Is he allowed to watch tv or play video games when he disobeys? Turn off the cable. Cancel it completely. 16 year olds should be working a part time job while in school and full time in the summer. Make your house so boring they go outside.
You can watch movies in your room for R&R. Or heck reclaim the living room tv.