You are here

Don't want to be around skids lately

pwoodlson's picture

Anyone feel me here? Im not really in the mood to be around the skids today. Im tried from long day at work. At dinner SD acts terrible. SS and SD dont clean up after themselves and can be rude. Im also tired being aorund them when they act like brats. Im tired of cleaning up after them especially meals. Id rather do dinner alone somewhere else then head home. Its more enjoyable that way. I also never get to watch what I want on tv because they hog the tv and I have to pay constant attention to SD or she whines and throws tantrums. Im just too tired for it.

TrueNorth77's picture

Oh my goodness am I in the same boat as you today! I feel your pain. It’s been building for days, and honestly it’s mostly me (I need alone time and I’m just not getting it), but I am DONE with skids this week!!! SD9 is in this phase where she talks nonstop about nonsense, and my SO is sleeping for work so she sits by me the entire night, just yammering away.

Tonight I get home from work/the gym and walk in the kitchen to find SS12’s snow pants laying right in the middle of the kitchen floor, with SD’s nearby under a stool. I left the pants there (actually nudged them to the middle of the floor even more so SS and my SO could clearly see them when they got home). After they all get home I walk into the kitchen to find that not only did no one pick them up, but SS put his backpack down on top of the snow pants. In the middle of the floor. About a foot away from that mess, I see pickles and lettuce laying on the FLOOR from the fast food my SO got SS. It’s like they’re fricking savages!!  

And I’m pretty sure I’m going straight to Hell, because when SD was on the phone with Crazy, I started watching a movie. She came to sit down next to me when she was off the phone and I told her it was a scary movie because I literally could not take the thought of listening to nonsense.  Lol. She doesn’t like scary movies so she went upstairs to watch her own tv, while i sit here in blissful peace. Btw, it is not a scary movie at all, it’s a kid-friendly movie about a father and daughter who live away from everyone in the wilderness, which honestly sounds quite lovely right now. 

They go by Crazy’s on Thursday, and I’m counting the minutes. 

I don’t think I could handle it for very long if skids controlled the TV. They did when I first moved in, but I put my foot down and my SO ended up getting them TV’s for their rooms. I actually was kind of against that at first (hate the addiction to electronics), but man were those the best purchases we ever made! It gives me alone time and peace. 

Janellemq's picture

My stepdaughter is almost 10 and she does not shut up !  She goes on and on and on about just random stupid things and I thought that she had a developmental disability .  I raised children of my own and I know for a fact this was not the case with them .  It’s getting to the point where I cannot even stand being around her I can’t get any space I have to hide in the bathroom and pretend like I’m pooping !

TrueNorth77's picture

Lol at pretending you're pooping. Well, from what I've been told from friends with BD's, this is pretty normal. A lot of them go through phases apparently, so you may have just lucked out with yours?  It is incessant! She goes on and on about the things her friends said at school, what they played, what her teachers said, what cheers she learned, what her friends say about a tv show they watch...good grief, I literally can't even feign interest half the time.

I saw a meme that describes this perfectly recently:

"Can you die from talking? My daughter talked to me for 3 hours straight today and it feels like you can die from it". lol. I get the feeling!

Livingoutloud's picture

You two are neither married nor live together. Why on the planet you clean after them if you don’t live there?

You are not obligated to visit your boyfriend when he has the kids at all especially if they are badly behaved, you have to clean (????) there and you’d rather watch tv of your choice. 

You drive all that distance after work day to be in company of his kids. What for? Why don’t you see him when kids aren’t around and why don’t you just date? Let him take you out rather than you spending free time cleaning after his kids. 

It doesn’t make any sense to me!!!!

What_did_i_just_sign_for's picture

My SD20 can barely barf up a hello to me... so there ya go.  LOL

As for messes... OMG she is NASTY

The other day threw out something with spaghetti sauce...  sauce on the wall... the floor... 

This morning I went to do the dishes... because :::gasp::: The Princess, do DISHES?? and I found a fast food wrapper INSIDE a container in the sink.

ONE FOOT AWAY FROM THE TRASH.

I took it out of the counter, turned one foot away and put it on the stove for her to throw away.

Because... no.

I will literally let that wrapper petrify on the stove (or wait for BF to throw it away which is far more likely).

LOL