You are here

Does your so try to provoke your jealousy?

caitlinj's picture

For example does your so ever brag about what their ex is doing for the skids (their own kids) the gifts they have bought them, the trips they are taking them on etc and you get the feeling they are trying to provoke competition or jealousy from you? What are everyone’s thoughts on this? To be honest the less I hear about bm the better. Don’t know about her and don’t care. I also don’t need to be competing for your kids affection and attention not yours. First off if your my so I should not have to compete for your attention with anyone and as far as your kid I’d concerned it’s not a competition either as to who can spoil them the most with undeserving things they have not earned. They need parenting and role models, not people who give into their every want. Just my two thoughts.

Monkeysee's picture

No. If DH ever felt the need to brag about BM in any way I’d be out the door. 

It’s not a competition. If he’s trying to create a competition between you & his ex there is something wrong with him.

notsurehowtodeal's picture

Why would your SO think you would be jealous about how much BM does for her own kids? If that is really his motivation, it is just weird. It sounds more to me like he is bragging about her - which is wrong. Why would you want to hear him brag about her? Next time he does it, shut him down and walk away.

sunshinex's picture

I would just say "oh, that's nice, a mother doing her job... can you ask her to teach them [Insert XYZ skill they're missing like manners, respect, etc." next?" 

It's her JOB to do those things, not yours, so why would that make you jealous? 

SteppedOut's picture

EXACTLY! 

This right here is all the advice on this issue you need OP.

caitlinj's picture

Haha I agree. It would be nice if Biomom would actually parent her kids, take them for a reasonable amount of time every week like she is supposed to, teach them manners and how to behave. It would also be nice if she paid for more of their things, like their health care, meals and clothes, for example. Taking them on a trip, buying them toys and spoiling them isn't going to cut it.

ndc's picture

I hear about trips BM takes the kids on only to the extent it affects our schedule.  BM rarely buys anything, but her parents, sister and boyfriend do buy things for the kids. I know about this only if the kids mention it. That's how SO finds out, too. And I certainly don't care. The more BM or her family/BF buy them, the less we might need to.  We take the kids on trips and buy them things based on what we want to do and can afford. What BM does doesn't affect what we do and I certainly don't compete with her.

georgina29's picture

It is really too bad your SO and BM didn't stay married. They seem perfect for one another. Both are equally immature and bad at parenting and relationships, but great a  spoiling their entitled brats. Also no one will tolerate those bratty skids like their bios will. I promise you this.

Rags's picture

Nope. But if my SO did this crap, she would also be an X.

Fortuneately my amazing bride does not and would never pull this crap.

flmomma08's picture

Hmmm nope. Then again, my SD's BM is a complete piece of trash haha. I would just flat out tell him I don't give a crap what BM is doing.