You are here

Does the drama EVER end?

christiedd's picture

So DH & BM share joint custody of ss6 & sd5. Saturday night through Wednesday they're with us, due to DH being off work those days. BM broke-up (again) with her jealous bf because he thinks my DH has been going over to see the kids at night on the days BM has them. I think DH & BM have talk too much through texts & phone calls but I don't believe he's going over there without me knowing. BM's ex bf is apparently super crazy because one morning he thought she was cheating on him because the door was locked so he kicked in her apartment door. DH & I heard about it the next day from ss6 Sad Not something a 6 year should have to go through.
BM broke-up with bf over that, rightfully so, but then took him back. Last night I guess her and ex bf were fighting so he took my phone number out of her phone & was texting me about how we should meet-up to talk & become best friends to make DH & BM jealous. That's creepy enough but he keeps telling me how when DH was telling BM about our fights she was telling everyone about them. Makes me feel like a winner!!! DH has since stopped doing that but damage is still done.
Anyways the point of this post is to ask advice. BM asked DH to change her locks which he agreed to do with me there. I'm all for it, DH is very worried about his kids being there. Well today BM tells DH that ex-bf went to her place at 10 pm last night (with her having the kids) demanding he talk to her or he wouldn't leave. She considered calling the police but didn't. I'm urging DH to ask BM to have kids stay with us until she can get a restraining order on ex bf. I feel s mother myself that having kids around in that environment is not safe. I feel that if BM refuses she's either lying or is a shitty mom & that DH could file for temp custody of his kids. Anyone have any family law advice? DH doesn't want to hurt BM but kids still shouldn't put through that bs either.

Orange County Ca's picture

Doesn't want to "hurt BM". So sacrafice kids to crazed boyfriend. OK.

When my ex wifes new boyfriend was drugging and punching I told her to get him under control or out or I was suing for permanent custody due to unfit mother.

She did what was necessary and damn quick.

testedagain's picture

I've read previous posts from you, and this is so unhealthy for you. You and Dh don't need to be involved in her drama, at all. But as someone said, they haven't let go of each other. Ridiculous! Do you have children with this man? My advice to you, is to to run!!!!

ThatGirl's picture

Excellent responses, all of them. There is WAY to much interaction between your husband and his ex-wife. She needs to learn to handle her own shit. He is no longer her knight in shining armour. If she can't figure out how to take care of herself, she has no business taking care of children.