You are here

Does anyone else...

cruela25's picture

have a skid they can't stand to be around? I have two skids one I enjoy being around and doing things with and the other whom I can't stand to be around. Does anyone have feelings this? Is this normal? Will I overcome this feeling?

oncechoosetosmile's picture

yes (first), no (second)....in my opinion! :?

GoodbyeNormaJean's picture

Yes. I have one that I would rather not be around. It's because she is a terror AND I don't feel that either of her parents do enough to address it. It's become such a hassle to have her around that I REALLY wish she wouldn't come over anymore. Her mom is not a terrible mom, but really lax and lenient, and ZERO structure in the house there.

As far as feeling different, it depends on why you don't like the kid, and if that ever changes. Here, I feel that SD will just get worse and worse until she's not allowed here anymore, and I will be the evil stepmother when that happens. I'm not going to let her terrorize my kids and I'm not going to let her traipse around breaking rules and doing whatever she wants while all the other children tow the line.

Kes's picture

Just about everyone on this site has a SKid or SKIDs they cannot stand to be around, so you're not alone.
Will you overcome this feeling? Hmm, probably not. Based on my own experience and fellow STalkers.

sterlingsilver's picture

I don't like being around ss16 at all. I love days when he is gone all day to school and then sports practice or at friend's house. I don't like the sound of his voice and when he is in the same room as me I feel very aware of him and the fact that he's there, like my skin is kinda crawling. I don't think it gets better, maybe worse as they get older? I have known him for 4 yrs and it seems he's gotten more immature in a lot of ways but it could just be the behavior that's cool right now for teens. He rarely helps out around the house and if he does it's hurried and done half heartedly. Oh well...

I don't know if this is normal? I have never in my life disliked a kid til I met ss16 and I have had so many kids in my life, other then my own. I used to be the neighborhood hang out place for my boys' friends and I never disliked any of them. It's so strange isn't it? Now we have to live with a kid we don't like. Kinda makes a lady wonder if love is enough. lol

notmyspawn's picture

I can't stand SK when DH and his family are around. The rudest, most disrespectful kid on the planet comes out. But when it is just us, SK is better because I don't put up with the crap the family allows.

YellowBelly's picture

I can't stand my SK, my skin crawls when I even sit next to her Sad I feel awful about it! Your not alone, that is for sure!

MommaSaSa's picture

I have a similar situation too. I like my SD11, but I have a hard time with my SS10. I like him for the most part, but I have never meshed well with him. He drives me nuts with his arrogant, know-it-all attitude ESPECIALLY when he comes back from a visit to his other family. His BM lives with her parents and her two BDs from two different guys, and they ALLLL just kiss his butt and make him think he is the king of the castle while he is there. So when he comes home he tries to tell me what to do, interrupts me to lecture his little brother while I am right in the middle of disciplining MY son. It's really really annoying. I HEAR YA!!! You can't get along with everybody and it that is one of the things that REALLY sucks about being a step-parent and living with the ex's kid!

cruela25's picture

it's a relief to know I'm not the only. I can relate to each of you that have commented. I really don't want the skid to come to my home, when skid is here I'm constantly finding reason's for skid to leave.

States75's picture

Yep,

17 yo SD is OK (still uses Daddy as an ATM but in more subtle ways...which he falls for everytime)....20 SD is a 'Daddy's Girl' and has done everything to split us up...I actually feel sick at the sound of her name and I CAN NOT stand her!!!!

So no...you are not alone Smile

Zoie's picture

I'm having a really hard time with my SD12.. she is a pain in the ass and is always telling lies and will never accept responsibility for anything.. It's always someone else's fault.. she drives me crazy these days..

Z

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

I can deal with SS14 most of the time. MOST of the time, but not lately. He's a master liar, and lately it's been about EVERYTHING.

I can NOT deal with being around SS8. I've tried SO hard to bond at least a little with the kid, and he's a cold fish. He's exactly like his mother too, which doesn't help. He's annoying as hell, honestly. Has a terrible temper, hits and scratches himself when he's mad, leaves messes everywhere. Can't stand it when he's here.