You are here

Do any of you steppies out there have a friend or family member that is a BAD step parent, that you want to slap sometimes?

DISbelief's picture

I know I have mentioned my FMIL, and her crazy antics on this website before... she has an addiction to pain pills... when she is HIGH and out of control, she tends to join forces with BM, and it always back fires. But I don't think I have ever mentioned HER and HER STEPKIDS. She has 3 stepdaughters... 23, 12 and 10. She is horrilbly mean to the younger 2. Always backing them in to a corner, and telling them how wrong it is for them to live with their BM and only see their dad EOW. Well... that all that he wanted to see them... I am sure they had nothing to do with that. It got to the point that her DH finally kicked her out because of it. And honestly, I don't blame him. On top of her drug problem, she is terribly mean to his kids. So much so that they stopped going to see him because of her.

I have tried to talk to her about it... there is just no stopping her. She has no self control. No respect, and virtually no common sense when it comes to his kids. I hate that really the kids are the reason she is losing her husband, when the answer is so simple and clear. But she made her bed...

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this? It is so hard to watch someone you love act like this. They are the reason why stepmoms have such a bad reputation.

StepMadre's picture

What does FMIL stand for?

"A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth. That’s where toughness comes into play. Toughness isn’t being a bully, it’s having a backbone.” ~Robert Kiyosaki

DISbelief's picture

And by future, I mean in 9 days... this crazy ladies gonna be my mother in law! Maybe I SHOULD run!!!??? Just kidding... when she is sober, she is really a great person.

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ ; )

stepmom008's picture

My BM is so mean to her BF kids. The youngest, a boy who's 7 or 8, forgot to put the toilet seat down so she screamed at him and made him write "I will not leave the toilet seat up" 100 times. Every time she speaks to him she's being snotty towards him. Not to mention that she only has to "deal" with them for 3 weeks out of the year. Yet she treats her daughter (my SD) like gold and by that I mean spending $400 on school clothes. WHAT?!?!?!?! All she does is take her shopping and buy her cheap garbage then dump her off at her parents house so that she can have her weekend nights free. And then has the nerve to say that I don't spend any time with her. Why, because I don't buy her loads of crap? Because I teach her how to do things and how to be independent so she doesn't turn out like her mother, needing a man to do everything for her and to support her? What a great example.

DISbelief's picture

My MIL has officially ruined her marriage over all of this now. Her husband kicked her out, she has no job, no car, no place to live. All because she couldn't be civil to his kids. She was just horrible to them. She would make them cry all of the time telling them what horrible kids they are because they won't tell their mom they want to spend more time with their dad. Well, at their age (10 and 7 at the time) it should be THE DAD fighting for more time... not left up to the kids to fight their parents battles. And if FIL didn't want to fight for more time... then she needed to let it go. She dug her own grave, and we won't be taking her in... she has a lovely drug addiction on top of all of this. She is pretty much screwed.

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ ; )