You are here

DH's niece and EW wife drama- how do you deal?

goincrazy.com's picture

Rough week- drama, drama drama- I HATE drama- It's so immature but bear with me bc I'm really bothered by this

Long story short- FDH's niece is hosting a party I was invited to twice, both times it got canceled and she rescheduled it again (same party) and didn't invite me- she invited XW.
Niece and I were "friends" hung out sometimes, went to games, went out, our kids are BFF's etc. So this was a little surprising and hurtful but I hate those types of parties anyway, I was like wtf, thats intentional to let me know I'm not part of the family or accepted and XW always will be. WHATEVER

This niece has tried to throw it in my face that XW will always be her aunt when she's drunk etc- I don't care, thats fine, I'm not trying to be her aunt we are pretty much the same age, it's wierd. She obviously feels threatened or something.

I scheduled BD8's birthday, we have tournaments and superbowl the weekend before and after so we were tight on time to get a party in. Apparently. I "intentionally" scheduled the party the same time the niece is having her party I wasn't invited to. FDH called her (he was "sticking up" for me, everyone cancelled on my kids party and FDH was pissed) and said she was rude for retracting her invite to me and inviting XW instead, she hung up on him before he could even finish.

She's texting me about if I have a problem deal with it and call her myself blah blah blah. What am I supposed to do? Call her and say I want to be invited? NO! WTF? She let me know by not inviting me. It is what it is. I said "Your party is your business, I don't want any part of this drama and it's all getting blown out of proportion, I didn't even know FDH called you"

She said " I have nothing nice to say to you or FDH so don't bother me" WOW

She called her mom and told her something totally different, there's all this drama bullshit going around and I'm the one to blame and FDH's family is mad at me........What did I do???

Niece's mom, FDH's sister called him talking shit that its my fault but she's staying out of it....still has an attitude with me though.

-If I was invited to the party, I couldn't even go

-I do think it was rude but it just let me know where I stand and I was ok with that

-it bothers me that his family who are ALL drama queens are putting all this on me and I'm not sure what I did wrong? REgardless family is going to choose family so I KNOW where I'm at

- I'm worried about the future, how awkward is it going to be on holidays and other family get togethers?

-I appreciate FDH stuck up for me but now I'm the one to blame

-FDH just tells me not to worry about it and it's just me and him and no one else....

-It pisses me off that I'm even letting this bother me, when shit with his kids are good his family seems to start some shit

How would you deal? Ignore it? find a solution? Let time pass? Act like I don't care?

This is so immature and dumb and I'm stuck in the middle, it pisses me off

goincrazy.com's picture

Exactly, his sister already "scolded" him and accused him of never coming around anymore (because of me?) No we are busy 7 days a week and have issues with all of our children that are trying to get sorted out with therapy, dr appts and extracurriculars.

She accused him of always taking my side and and said he's not loyal for sticking by his family and always being on my side.

Why would we want to come around when this is the bullshit that happens?

I'm frustrated- I feel like I have to fight every female in FDH's family for my position in his life???? I don't get it

hereiam's picture

My husband and I have minimal contact with his drama producing family. His parents are deceased but we spend no holidays with his brother and sisters. He talks to his brother quite often on the phone but all of his sisters are nuts and so he talks to them less often.

It is sad but it's just the way it is. He prefers my family, which is not perfect but far more functional than his!

hereiam's picture

accused him of never coming around anymore

She accused him of always taking my side and and said he's not loyal for sticking by his family and always being on my side

I have been there! I didn't care what they thought. The fact is, hubby is a grown man and makes his own decisions. He can go see them whenever he wants, he chooses not to. They just want someone else to blame so they don't have to look in the mirror.

And guess what fruit-loop sisters? I AM his family.

Aeron's picture

Exactly. Since when has it turned out that wives Aren't family? And why Why do people go on believing that all men are just led around by the nose and are incapable of making any decisions or choices for themselves?? Ridiculous.

goincrazy.com's picture

I agree, they are all two-faced too. Because since we met I was under the impression they didn't like XW because of the things they said. I can only imagine whats been said about me.

They are all hypocrites. When we mind our own business and there's no drama they put FDH on a guilt trip for not coming around or spending time with the family, as soon as we make some family contact or have a birthday party shit hits the fan.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I'm gonna keep my distance, be polite but to myself-Try ad maintain a relationship with FDH's parents and thas it. Even the mom gets caught up. Well no one has called me so......

Jsmom's picture

I avoid DH's family. They did some questionable things with BM and not knowing boundaries. Now DH and I never see them. We used to do a family get together in Vegas, but the last one two years ago was so miserable, that I refused to go anymore.

Just stay away from toxic family and all the drama leaves with them...

oldone's picture

They sound like stupid nutcases. Tell them all to fuck off (in your mind - no need to put this in writing) and go on with your life.

I have a great family and enjoy our holiday gatherings etc - but we never have any of this drama crap.