You are here

DH got Skids and himself gifts yet I got nothing!

poseyflump's picture

My DH of 5 years, spent $600 on his kids for Xmas, then he sent another $100 in support to the BM. He spent $500 on himself. We spent Xmas alone as SKIDS live too far away. Yesterday I found out I got absolutely nothing as a gift. DH says he thought about what I might want but could not come up with anything so he did nothing. I could not help but say something then war erupted. He says in this economic climate I should know that he cant do everything right now. Advice please on how to keep my sanity as I want him to know exactly how I feel before I ram this ham bone where the sun don't shine!

poseyflump's picture

Normal CO support I think but that payment wasn't mentioned to me, i just found out as I saw the receipt by mistake. He never said he was sending anymore and as yet I have not even brought that up.

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

...what is this... I don't even...

Did you point out how much he spent in total?

poseyflump's picture

I pointed out the $600 and $500 but never said anything about the $100 to BM as I am not sure if its normal CO or him just being his usual generous self!!!!. DH had the nerve to say it crossed his mind to give me the same $600 as he was giving SKID so that there would be no arguments,(this is not the first time I have felt like a second class citizen in this relationship)but in the end he didn't. Then i get some crap about my not saying what i wanted so he didnt have a clue.

poseyflump's picture

I am really but he would never tell me if that was the case. He certainly sent it without my knowledge and never said a word about it.

poseyflump's picture

DH has just thrown $100 at me said it is not a gift and walked out of the house, here's hoping he don't return

Orange County Ca's picture

Make the same agreement my wife and I have. No gifts at Christmas to each other. It's a over-commercialized "holiday" anyway.

poseyflump's picture

Guitar Amp, and loads of small stuff that I buy whenever I see something that I think he will like. IM AN IDIOT!

poseyflump's picture

No drugs or alcohol issues. just very self centered and it frequently takes an argument before he will acknowledge my needs. im so tired of this

bi's picture

he's a childish, selfish prick. i would be so done with him. and i would make sure he knew it's not about not getting a gift, it's about how he puts himself before your relationship, and that's not how it's supposed to be. he's a child. you are better off with a real man.

Krispey Kreme's picture

Maybe you should give yourself the gift of being single for the new year. Buy yourself a divorce from this moron and his parasitic baggage. Go find a real man, not a selfish emotionally stunted manboypig. I'd personally rather be alone than have to spend one minute more with someone who cared so little about my feelings.

misSTEP's picture

My DH claimed he didn't know what to get me this year. Guess what? He STILL got me SOMETHING.

He is an ass. I would use the $100 to change the locks before he comes back.