You are here

DH babying his 6 year old all of a sudden

Misstepped's picture

Things have been good lately, but tonight I'm confused. We are on holidays at the moment and we are sleeping with baby and skids 6 and 9 are in bunk beds. 
last night DH freaked out and wanted to put the baby monitor in their room incase they woke up. They have legs and know where our bedroom is? Also they are not babies. I didn't argue and just set it up with sound on and said "there we will hear them" DH was funny we couldn't see them on the camera. So tonight he goes and sets it up in the weirdest spot facing the 6 year olds head and then calls out to me and says "can you see them okay" and then proceeded to climb into bed and put him to sleep as if he was a baby. 
I'm about to snap and go mental. It took years to get this kid sleeping independently and he finally did it a year or so again and how DH is carrying on like he is a baby. Never mind the actual baby! 

tog redux's picture

Are you able to ask him what's going on? Sounds like he's projecting his own anxiety onto SS6, which is the case for many anxious kids with anxious parents. The kid's anxiety is fueled by the obvious anxiety of the parent. He needs to get a grip on that.

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Did your husband, like, have a bad dream or something? Sometimes i will have a dream that one of the kids is in danger, then get anxious. That goes away after a few minutes, though. That's my best guess....weird behavior. 

Harry's picture

This is not normal,  you know that.  Your in the same house. You can hear any crying or calling.  
Think you need DH to see someone this will keep going on 

Rags's picture

I have no words. What on Earth motivated you to procreate with this trainwreck?