You are here

Depressed from this weekend... feeling beaten down

PeanutandSons's picture

This is really just a vent. Maybe if I get it out, I won't spiral into a depression thinking about it all week long.

Friday: Dh comes home from work at 11 to help me pick up my car from the shop and return the rental. We are done with the exchange before 1pm. I ask Dh if he wants to do anything, since we are never together for a whole afternoon like this (dhs days and mine do not line up), he says no, that he just wants to relax with his game. I fold some clothes and get ready to run my errands for the day. Again ask Dh if he wants to come with me, and that we can go anywhere she wants, since ee don't ever get to spend time together. Again he declines. I go by myself, run my errands and pick all the kids up from school/daycare. SS(10) managed to make it the whole week without a note home for his behavior (first time since mid Dec), but SD(9) once again, got a note home for her behavior.

Saturday: Dh had been up part of the night sick, so he stayed home from work. He stayed home with SD (since she was bad in school) to nap, and I took the boys (ss and bs(2.5)) to Busch Gardens for a few hours. SS didn't do too badly for him, but needed far more correction than bs. Not a relaxing trip, but not horrible. Took A LOT out of me to be walking around that much in the heat 8 months pregnant. We got home at 2pm. Bs took a nap, and I just confirm with Dh that he fed SD lunch. Nope....2pm and he hasn't fed her anything. So I make lunch for the skids (ss had snacked at the park, but we didn't eat lunch) and ended up falling asleep on the couch while Dh watched two movies. Bs wakes up, I ask Dh if he wants to come shopping with me, nope he wants to stay home. So off me and the boys to again to go grocery shopping. Come home, make dinner for everyone, Dh lays down for a nap all evening. I end up falling asleep while putting bs to bed at 9pm.

Sunday: Dh goes to work. Daylight savings, so the skids were up at 6am instead of 7, since the clocks in their rooms auto adjusted. Woke bs up being loud, so we all lost over an hour of sleep. I have all three kids, and a ton of house work to do since I took the boys out all Saturday. So trying to clean and entertain/control everyone. Skids are being mean to bioson, refusing to let him be a part of what they are doing. Being super loud, fighting with eachother..... The usual for them. Twice before lunch, bs comes to me very upset because the kids won't let him play with them, and asks if I will play with him. So I stop what I am doing to play with him for a little while. Both times within 5-10 mintutes, the kids eventually hit their blow up point and their game end with them stomping off and hating wah other for a while. And SS come out to join me and bs. Both times I speak to him about how its really crappy that he excused his little brother, but now he wants to join bs with his game? But I let them play so I can get back to my cleaning. Right after lunch it happens again. Two skid are playing, telling bs to het away from them. So I drop what I am doing to play a game with him. Skids are getting nasty and heated again so I go tell them that they have to play seperately now, cause I am tried of hearing it. SS come right out and starts taking over me and Bs's game. This time I flip on him, and tell him that he can't play with us... That its doesn't work that way for him to treat bs poorly and then expect to be included whenever he chided. SS leaves the room, and bs crawls around the boardgame into my lap and just hugs me. Stays squeezing me for like 45 seconds, leans up and kisses me....then goes back to our game. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I can't help but feel like he was just greatful that someone helped him stand up to the steps.

Dh come home at 5 with take out for him and the kids. None for me. I tell him that bs hadn't napped all day and I wanted to take him to the mall to throw his pennies in the fountain to tire him out and hopefully he will fall asleep in the car and get to bed early. Dh doesn't want to come. I ask again, since we haven't done anything together all week. He declines. SS asks to come too. I stress that we will not be going to the arcade or game stop....that we are just walking the mall. Yes he wants to come. Fine. We get there, he's immediately having stomach issues, we hit the bathroom and go home. Bs is tired and cranky, but still awake. I am now ubber aggitated, as my few hours of peace that I had been looking forward to is now looking like a fantasy. Dh, seeing that I am frustrated, decides now is a good time for a nap. Doesn't say anything, just goes to the bedroom and goes to sleep. Leaving me with all three kids for another two hours by myself.

Didn't get any time with Dh all weekend. Didn't get even ten minutes to myself all weekend. I'm not sure which o dread more.... The work week, or the weekends being stuck with the skids by myself. I'm going to keep bs with me next Friday instead of sending I'm to daycare cause I need a nice peaceful day to look forward to. I can hear my Dh already....why did you take the skis to daycare, but keep bioson home with you? Blah (its spring break this week, so they tech could all stay with me). I just don't care. I want a day to just do what I want to do.

Willow2010's picture

Dh come home at 5 with take out for him and the kids. None for me
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Really? And you are ok with this so called "man" treating you this way? You need to figure out why you put up with this..

liks's picture

you should have gone and got take out for just you,....then had it all by your self .... a bottle of jack daniels and a bottle of coke.....then turn the music up load and dance in front of the TV

PeanutandSons's picture

LOL, somehow I don't think my unborn child would particularly like that plan. But funny mental image.

Jsmom's picture

Why are you letting your husband treat you this way? Why are you the only one taking care of your SS? You need to stop being a door mat.

PeanutandSons's picture

I took SS with me all weekend cause he, for once, wasn't in trouble from school. Normally Dh works all weekend, so either all three kids come with me, we don't go anywhere, or I just take bs out after Dh gets home. This was an unusual weekend that SS actually behaved in school (as I said before his first good week since mid December) AND Dh was home on Sat to stay with SD.

Normally my dilema is do we all stay home and punish bs for the skids behavior, or do I take them somewhere to let bs have a good time and end up rewarding their bad behavior.

jadedprincess's picture

I feel your pain other than being pregnant our weekends were similar. DH was working down in Orlando with a friend so I picked up SS so BM wouldnt bitch and had him DD5 and ADD5 (aunts dd) all weekend. when DH got home I passed out for 6 hrs.

duct_tape's picture

I gotta tell you, I don't like the man you married. I wanna punch him in the throat! You need to demand more respect. You are a saint.