You are here

Dentist

Mocha2001's picture

Okay, it took us 1.5 weeks to get SS4's dentist information, but BM finally sent it to us, with the statement that "I don't remember when he went so you'll have to call and get that information for yourself." Nice!

Well, I called this morning and found out that he has NEVER had a full check up, my understanding first check up is supposed to be at age 3. He went in June of 2004 for some sort of check up, but no xrays were taken. He went for an emergency in December of 2004 (they have to pull his file out of storage and are calling me back later with what the emergency was), but no xrays were taken. He has not been since. My SS has not been to see a dentist in 2.5 years. We are livid!!!

This is only one of many things she doesn't do for SS. She never gets his hair cut (we have to do it), doesn't cut his toe nails or finger nails (we have to do it), and she only bathes him (a 4yo boy) 2x per week. That is just unacceptable to us. He's a boy. My God the dirt that accumulates on his socks when he's outside playing ... where does she think the rest of the dirt goes. OH, yes, and ... at age 4 he had cradle cap a few weeks ago. AT AGE 4!!!! I did some research on that and it's because of one of two things ... he's not rinsing the soap out of his hair well enough, or he's not getting bathed regularly enough. My guess is that it is both. He always smells like a** when we get him.

When I told DH, who is recovering from major back surgery and on a lot of pain killers right now, I said I wanted to make an appointment and take him to the DDS on our time - maybe even to my DDS. He said no, he didn't want to do it on our time. Fine, I'd like to schedule the appointment, and we'll advise her of the appointment. If she doesn't want to take him, I'll go get him during the day and take him and then take him back to school or daycare.

Any input guys?!

~ Katrina

Dawn-Moderator's picture

That's exactly how my ss's Bm was. She didn't take him to see a dentist at all. She made an appointment for his dr. check up and shots for kindergarten and then told Dh that she was going to be out of town, if he could take him. Well, we had to try and track down where and when he got his immunizations previously. She never went to the same place. Bm never ever took him to the dentist. Dh went ahead and took him for the kindergarten exam and that was the first time he had ever been. Now, since ss is here with us, he goes every 6 months. Then she had the nerve to complain that I took him to the dentist and she thinks she should instead of me. Uh, what the heck was she doing the first 8 years of his life?! Not worrying about his teeth, I'll tell ya!

Bm never took ss to get a haircut either. Dh always has taken him. Of course I have taken him a couple of times and when Bm found out she complained about that too. It's like if I do it, then it makes her look bad so she gets mad. Whatever! If Dh needs me to take him, I take him.

I would have Dh take him to the dentist. If he can't due to his surgery, maybe you can bring a note with you signed by Dh saying that you can take him.

Dawn

Mocha2001's picture

We made an appointment for DDS and made it early enough in the morning that she would only have to miss about 30 minutes of work. We haven't decided if we are going to send an email or call her and let her know what's going on. Probably email cuz DH, right now, would get into huge fight with her OTP if she gave him any grief. We will give her the option of her taking SS to DDS or DH taking SS. We made it a month out so she should be able to arrange the time. Also, DH shoudl at least be able to travel in car by then, if not drive himself. Of course if DH takes SS I will be there too. OH learned that DH was the last person to take SS to DDS.

We also discovered that it is highly possible DH is was last person to take SS to Dr too. No wellness exams for at least 1.5 years, if not more. We aren't sure what we are going to do with the information. But I'm glad we have it now.

~ Katrina