You are here

DCS WA. TAKES A LONG TIME TO DISTRIBUTE SUPPORT MONEY, LOST SUPPORT MONEY AND IF YOU COMPLAINT THEY WON'T HELP YOU

MADAME X's picture

A while ago the custodial parent asked for a hearing and took almost a year to get done but still the problems did not get any answer. As the Judge do not want to see some more of the problems in how the child support payments been distributed. She just want to hear the problem on the case that was brought to her. Since the start of the child support payment in 2006 we have been asking why the support takes a long time to get into the bank account, why there are payments that were not received by the custodial parents, why the one handling the case do not even return calls from the non-custodial parents and calls from custodial parents. There are lots of UN explained child support that needs to be answer especially support that was not given entirely to the custodial parents. When the custodial parents asked for a hearing the Judge do not want to hear anymore of what was recently found, she just want to hear what was brought to her attention. The income tax that the CP give to DCS for the unpaid support, and some support is missing and DCS get a payment from a way back arrears of DCS (2008) without notifying the CP that hey will get the money.
After gathering all pay stubs and payments made to DCS by the non-custodial parent salary, the money that was given to the custodial parents won’t get tally especially when DCS sent the Payment history of the non-custodial parents. It seems that there is more support payments that was not given by DCS to the custodial parents.
CP ask CRU from Olympia for help but the CRU office people are not willing to help on what was going on at the branch offices of DCS Everett WA. Too bad for us if we get money or not from DCS.
I called the CRU and asked how long does it takes for DCS to process the money support they get from NCP , person from CRU answer me, only 3 days and when I told her that is not what is happening here, it takes weeks before DCS process the support. But she does not want to hear all what I have to say, problem still exist but no one want to listen and CRU do not want to help. I got an answer from CRU no one is going to hear us even the senators, governor, nor the Attorney general, too bad for cp and ncp they won't hear your problems.

overworkedmom's picture

If you can trust the NCP to actaully pay you, take it out of DCS's hands. You don't HAVE to go through them. Just make sure both parties records of what is being paid. Give receipts/make copies of checks etc...If both parties are responsible you really have no need to go through them.

MADAME X's picture

Hi overworkedmom,

there are also some issue with the mother in paying support, I do not know if she will pay me as she already been there not paying support before until I came across with DCS who can handle this. The problem is there are some support that was not given to CP and I asked CRU to help me answer my question where are those money that DCS get from NCP's salary but they are pointing out that the issue is solve by administrative hearing which is not the issue i brought into the hearing. This is a different issue why all the money they get from NCP won't tally from DCS payment history and the one they deposit to the relia card. CAll the CRU this morning as I asked why the support that DCS get last may 18 takes a long time to get into CP account when the person told me this morning it will only takes 3 days and she started being annoyed from me when I said it is already a week and no money yet. she talk and talk and try to make a way that maybe the problem is not from DCS and from the employer or the NCP. I told her the NCP paystub shows DCS get the money already and the employer also said they took the money on the day before it is given to the ncp.

knucklehead's picture

Well, I had a bit of difficulty reading this, but have a few questions.

Is the "CP" you? Are you talking about raising your grandchild?

The NCP pays support, correct? Do they BOTH pay CS?

If this is your grandchild, are you receiving any state subsidies for him? Do you receive TANF, food stamps, medical, foster payments, child care expenses, etc. from the government? If so, the government could be keeping some of the child support money as repayment of these benefits.

I am familiar with WA DCS.

MADAME X's picture

hi knucklehead,
my son lives with me who is the father and he has been to an accident and have no job but, since the mother abandon the baby to me when he was 2 years old i took care of the child, i do not get any foster payments or any child care expenses from the govt.. Way back in 2006 when my son asked for tanf we did not know that the mother (NCP) will pay for that when DCS start handling our case for support payment. and so the ncp is doing her job paying the support but dcs has issue of responding to our calls on where is the support they get form ncp salary cause it takes along time for them to process. The NCP make an eefort to call them about all support but they won't responds untill I am now helping my daughter in law in knowing where are all the support and why there are support not given to the cp.

knucklehead's picture

Hmm.
When I have received a payment through DCS (haha, it's been awhile...) I have received it within a day or two.

I have a very strong suspicion that DCS is withholding some type of disregard or something.
You said your son asked for TANF in 2006. Did he receive it? Does he receive it now?

MADAME X's picture

EDITED:
Way back in 2006, my son apply for TANF and state gave him $1,153 for like 4 months and then it ended when DCS take over already when they garnish support from my daughter in law. BUt DCS get the $1,153 back from support. I am now also questioning why they get $1,153.00 as the state sent them a letter that they make a mistakes, DCS only needs to get $973. I just saw that letter here on my file after looking for some discrepancies on lost support that DCS never distribute to the CP.

AS I mentioned last May 18,2012 DCS already get the support from NCP salary but until now (March 31, 2012) they have not distributed the support or deposit yet on the relia card. This has been happening many times.

erica6581's picture

Smile I totally can relate to struggles with DCS. Ironically with the Everett office as well. I am a CP and have 2 cases with the Everett office. In my ex husbands case he had an issue of me not recieving the total amount DCS was given. Had we been filled with resentment or had communication issues I wouldn't of believed he was being honest. It took him a year of fighting before I finally recieved child support he paid but that was not accounted for.
With my other case he was reently taken to court for contempt and was ordered to pay (obviously). He has to go in every 2 weeks to prove payment until his wages from the under the table job he suddenly is working legally for are garnished. He made his first 2 payments 3 weeks ago and as of Sunday they hadn't posted. Monday he had court to prove the payments made and ironically there was 2 payments on the acct posted for the 18th on to that DCS card they sent me 2 years ago. Well today I went to use this money to buy my daughter a book, an umbrella and some other things and was declined. I called and the balance on the card is $0. I talked to the ever so helpful card services rep who told me (with her annoyed undertone) no payments have been issued to this card and there isn't anything pending to deposit. DCS advertises in pamphlets and online clearly with in 3 business days payments are posted to these cards so being it has been 4 I have the right to wonder what is going on. I went to check my acct just now and of course its down for maintenance lol.
I text my daughters father who informed me he has actually made 5 payments already and the 2 I received were paid over a month ago when the court hearings first started. I believe this to be true since my ex husband often pays on the first and I am lucky to have it before the 20th.
Ridiculous. My ex husband's case I have recently requested to close because they are not worth the hassle. But I know he will support our kids. Unfortunately with my other case I have no choice but to deal with DCS.