You are here

CYBER BULLYING

Zoie's picture

I am so disapointed in SD right now I could spit.

Background info: We do not have a Facebook account for her but her BM does and we told SD10 that we will not confirm her friend request as her account with her BM is just for her BM's side of the family. Eventually when she gets a Facebook account with us she can add our family. She's has this account with her mom since August or so 2010.

So a few days ago I get a friend request from her on Facebook. This morning I go into her profile and not only is my niece her friend which is a NO NO. But I was so shocked when I pulled up my SD's profile as she had this boy in her class as her profile picture and she wrote the words..... "I HATE SO AND SO (THIS KIDS NAME)" OMG what is wrong with this child. I am out of words. I posted a few months ago that my SD was very distraught that this boy broke up with her but to do this to him...I mean if this was my kids picture with those words written on his face I would not be pissed..but you know what her BM wont do a damn thing.....

My DH is not happy and will call her and BM tonight ... we shall see how that goes...my god kids are mean...this will not be tolerated in my house...

Any thoughts on how to handle this as we only have SD EOW..... what a yucky day it's been...

Z :? Sad :sick:

alwaysanxious's picture

Oh Zoie, you don't even know the half of it. What you see on FB is only about 20% of what is really going on.
DO not, I repeat DO NOT EVER look at her facebook EVER EVER AGAIN. You are only going to be continually disappointed.
Her father and mother should be keeping up with it. People don't realize that kids/teens on the internet should be monitored every single day. You wouldn't believe the things that they do on it.

I'm sorry, I'm not helpful. If your DH is serious, then he needs to monitor her page on a regular basis because kids don't change their behavior on FB without consistent monitoring.

I'm also very biased, we just took SD15's completely down because she can't control herself on it.

Zoie's picture

The only reason I looked at it was because she sent me a friend request..OMG I will not look at it again...

My DH and BM do not get along at all..BM is just plain nuts and we do not know the password of my SD's Facebook Account. BM does not want us to know anything that SD does...

Well DH call his daughter and told her how dissapointed he was in her for doing that and that it's wrong to bully anyone at all ever.. He told her that she's obviously too young to have a FB Account as she doesn't respect other people.

I am tired of my SD being a certain child when she's with us EOW and a snotty bullying child when she's with her BM....arggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

anabihibik's picture

Legally, Facebook is not allowed to have users under the age of 13. Facebook and it's advertisers gather information from every like button you click and whatever pictures are posted. It is illegal to collect information on children. You could send a message to FB to let them know that they have a potential legal situation on their hands since she is 10.

Zoie's picture

My gosh I didnt even think about that..you are so right..I was so upset with what she had done that I totally forget that she is under age....thank you very much...

Z