You are here

cs hearing tomarrow

stepmombrandy's picture

My husband and I have a cs hearing tomarrow. I'm a step mom who is tired of paying and being ignored by husband's X. TheX took my step daughter away and moved to Kansas. We never established visitation.My husband and along with our 2 daughters miss the stepchild. We haven't seen her in over a year. The bm does not return our phone calls. But she want,s more money. am I the only one that thinks this morally wrong?

Rags's picture

Get ready to rumble and smack the BM around in court. Make sure that your attorney has filed a counter claim for denied visitation and that the court is prepared to rule not only on CS but on a defined visitation schedule.

Once your DH has a Judgement for visitation he will be a large part of the way towards pulling his XW's teeth as far as her controlling crap and denying him time with his child.

Be ready though, CS may very well go up significantly. It often does in initial court sessions or if it has been a long time since CS was reviewed. Though with two BioDaughters with you, he may come out Okay on the CS thing. How much he gets nailed for in CS will depend in large part on how many non-joint children the XW has with anyone other than your DH.

Our last visit to court cost my SS's BioDad a nearly 500% increase in CS. Though when the starting point was a paltry $110/Mo the end result was not enough to break the bank. Even for a worthless POS like my Skids BioDad.

Good luck and best regards,

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)

stepmombrandy's picture

well today was the CS hearing. We were ordered to pay 300% more, than original order. Next step for us to establish visitation. At least we'll get to see Step Daughter again. Looks like my days of raising my two girls as a stay at home mom are over. to get back into the workforce just to keep the family afloat. It really sucks to be me right now.

Rags's picture

keep family court Judges, CPS workers and Family Court clerks employed and not to provide for the best interests of the kids. IMHO of course.

Screwing NCP BioDads is the way all of these leaches on the ass of society stay employed. I am a StepDad married to a CP CS recipient BioMom and even I can understand that the system is insanely biased against NCP BioDads.

Congrats on getting an established visitation schedule with your Skid. I hope you and your DH can integrate her smoothly into your family without too much drama for your SD, BDs and your selves.

Good luck and best regards,

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)