You are here

convinced BD to skip Xmas

eviltrophywife's picture

starting last year, I finally convinced BD to drop the ritual of Xmas gifts!
Kids nowadays don't really need another thingy here and there just because there is a holiday around the corner. He saves for there college everyday and pays for there expensive lifestyle with cell phone, car and expensive school district! Isn't that enough???

Of course there was never ever ever a work of thank! Now that they even stopped visiting at all, why should we care about Xmas? We are contemplating to go on vacation this year over Xmas.

I am just sooo glad that BD got over his guilt issue and now accepts the fact that the kids are nothing more than a moral obligation to pay CS until divorce decree ends.

ThatGirl's picture

I was thinking about buying savings bonds for the older skids this year. They really don't need/or deserve anything, but the savings bonds will take the sting out of it. Perhaps skids and bonds will mature at the same time Wink

eviltrophywife's picture

while donation may sound philanthropic, for the sake of preserving and nurturing OUR reltionship we'd rather take off to spend time on our own

slh's picture

I love this idea!! It seems that BM has bought them everything under the moon to make up for her own guilt of the divorce. DH does not like spending money on his kids what so ever...he feels that is what child support is for (I don't agree, but that is his decision, I use to fight him on this, but now...I figure, dang saves me money!)

I think it is ridiculous to buy stuff just for the sake of buying stuff, we are REALLY scaling down X-mas this year..what do you really get the kids that have everything..and no respect for the items they do have? They will probably be disappointed, but oh well..such is life.

Love the savings bond idea and the comment of maturing at the same time! ha

ThatGirl's picture

I think it is ridiculous to buy stuff just for the sake of buying stuff, we are REALLY scaling down X-mas this year..what do you really get the kids that have everything..and no respect for the items they do have?

This is exactly how I'm feeling about it!

eviltrophywife's picture

dear slh:
please let me clarify that BD
- bought the car hoping that they drive it to visit him...nope not happening
- bought and pays monthly for phone hoping they'd call him...never (not exaggerating) happens
- daddy pays HUGE bucks in CS to BM (NOT WORKING DESPITE INSTRUCTED SO BY DIVORCE DECREE years ago- instead she got married and is having more babies at an age where she should almost retire!)
- BM could never afford to maintain the living they had before divorce
- BM refuses to pay ANYTHING towards college...

I just feel soooo terrible for BD who finally convinced himself that the kids demonstrated through their unloving uncaring behavior that they don't deserve more than 3 years college paid

secretly, we are hoping that not all of them will make it into a 4y-college---please before you judge: we tried everything to install the value of striving academically ---- USELESSSSS!!!!!!!!