You are here

Contemp for violation visitation rights in Indiana

Patsy's picture

Has anyone here had any success with filing contemp charges on the custodial for violating our visitation?

Smomof3's picture

We are in Indiana and my cousin got his exwifes butt in a sling because she didn't give him the first right of refusal on child care when she went on a secret vacation and left his special needs son with her mother. She left the country and didn't notify his father. The judge ripped her a new one.

misSTEP's picture

I'm not in your state but my DH got a Contempt of court (Willful Interference with Visitation) on our BM. Not that it amounted to much. $500 fine payable to DH for two PAGES of missed parenting time. The judge didn't even bother to give him make up time.

stormabruin's picture

Our BM was found in contempt 3 times with make-up time ordered every time. Not a fine one time. Of course, she denied the ordered make-up time every time, resulting in nothing but more ordered make-up time. His judge is a joke.

Patsy's picture

I assume nothing will come of it. My SD is 17 and this has been going on for years, but now it is the point where we have not had her for an overnight in almost a year. She visits and we know she is busy with work, school, friends and her boyfriend. And of course her mother will not allow my Sd to bring her car on overnight visits and is upset with her when she does stay with us. She takes it out on SD so we just figured ok 2 more years we can hang in there as long as SD knows we love her and can "sneak" out to see us we will deal with it. BUT NOW THIS SPAWN OF SATAN (the BM) IS TRYING TO RAISE SUPPORT BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE HER FOR ANY OVERNIGHTS! My DH would argue with her everytime it was our weekend and all she would do is bad mouth him to my SD and make SD miserable and we agreed it was no good for SD to have to deal with this. We have the basic we shouls get her once a week (we do) and every other weekend (never happens anymore) and half the summer ( oh hell no BM would never let that happen) then the holiday breaks are shared (never happens) So I am thinking the only thing we can do is file contempt at this point.