You are here

Contact/exchanges with CRAZY EX WIFE behind my back!

Thenewreeree's picture

Hi All.

First, I would recommend reading my original post below - Title is The Crazy Ex Wife Dilemma

https://www.steptalk.org/forum/general-discussion/%E2%80%98crazy%E2%80%9...

I am going to keep this quite factional. The fact is I am so upset and have completely shut down from him. Because of this, my trust has been broken and everything has changed in my eyes. Am I over reacting? Please help.

So in the last 2 weeks he has said that the ex has not been messaging him anything other than about the kids and has stopped any abusive texts etc. Inthe last 2 weeks, we have been on the rocks because of all of the crazy ex wife drama.

Last night I found out a few things about the last 2 weeks (all through his own admissions, after some interrogation on my part)

A) At one of his handovers he gaver her money outside of the child support.

B)Last Friday he went to his daughters assembly and SAT with the EX and thier other daughter

C) YESTERDAY she messaged him after handover and said are you ok? (as far as i was aware he was ignoring any messages) and he replied "was this message meant for me" and she said "yes" and he said "yes i am ok. are you ok" and she said "yes, you seemed different and sad at handover today" and he replied "i am fine" (This is what he told me. He offered to show me but I was so upset at this point I couldnt bare to look at it.

I feel like I have been betrayed. Whilst I am fighting to make us work as a team and eliminate the crazy - he has been secretly engaging with her. And not telling me. So upset!

Kes's picture

Welcome to the site! I read your other post - which sounded more hopeful than this one, I have to say.  The fact that you have made your feelings about contact with the exW very plain, to your partner, and he still indulges in what you see as inappropriate contact with her - makes me think he is not ready to commit properly to this new relationship.  I say "what you see as" - because honestly I don't feel that the examples you gave were all that bad - eg sitting with her at an assembly - (unless of course you were also there and he deserted you to sit with her - which would have been unacceptable) might just have been polite courtesy.  

Giving her money outside of the agreed CS would concern me more - because it might mean less money for your joint household.  

In your place I would have a "come to Jesus" meeting with my partner and discuss all these areas in detail and try to agree on some boundaries that you both feel comfortable with.  Some exes get on well - I do with mine - and used to have the occasional chat with him on the phone.  I don't think this is bad unless there is some hidden agenda eg one of them wants to get back together.  

Thenewreeree's picture

The problem is she is very toxic and it’s all her way or else. Before the last 2 weeks (she has another focus at the moment as she is suing her mother for putting an article in a magazine about her) she was messaging and calling multiple times and accusing very weird stuff ( for example, she rang him and said why were you and your new gf, her kids and our kids sitting in a circle together with a photo of me in the middle and laughing?) just plain freaking crazy. And he started to ignore and not respond. Also, he knows how much it affects me and failed to tell me those things. I agree, they are not major issues, but to me they mean that he will continue to let her abuse him one day, be nice the next and continue to dominate him. If that makes sense.

tog redux's picture

This man is not ready for another relationship. He was just left by his wife 7 months ago. Neither of them have done the work to let go of the relationship, and frankly, this BM sounds like the type who will NEVER let go, even if she's been married to someone else for 10 years.

Do yourself a favor and tell him to look you up in a year if he's still available and find a man who is ready to be in a relationship with you. Men tend to move on way too quickly without doing the work they need to do to heal from the last (toxic) relationship.

I love my DH, but if I could go back, I'd run the minute I smelled the crazy that was headed our way.

Thenewreeree's picture

She has been in a new relationship since she pretty much moved out. It has not stopped her using the kids as pawns. One day her new bf is paying for her divorce, three months later still no word on a divorce. Her new boyfriend is supporting her financially because he doesn’t. The next day she is too broke to pay for petrol to meet at the public agreed place for handover and he has to go to her house. It’s a complete different story day to day.

tog redux's picture

This man cannot possibly be worth putting yourself through this. Please rethink this. You barely know him. 

Thenewreeree's picture

Last night when this unfolded he apologised and said he didn’t realise how much this affects me as it does t have the effect on him as she is unable to hurt him emotionally as he has no love for her. He asked me to be patient and that he will tell her at handover on Wednesday that he doesn’t want her contacting him unless child emergency etc.

i was just mute. Which is unlike me as I always talk about my feelings etc.

i have only known him for 5 months, this is true. I have been divorced and separated. He is unlike anyone I have met. Everything else about him fits me perfectly. We get along so very well. This is the one and only thing that causes issues.

tog redux's picture

No offense, but a relationship should not be this much struggle at 5 months.  And you are already falling into the trap of trying to control how he interacts with her. This is not a battle you can win -remember, this woman will always be part of his life - FOREVER.  Sports games, graduations, weddings, etc.  This will be an issue to some degree for the rest of the time you spend with him.  And she has enormous power over him - she controls his children.

Please don't think love is enough. It's not.

Lndsy747's picture

Does he really understand or just want to do what makes you happy? Be careful about having him put his foot down if he doesn't really have your back. If she senses that this is because of you it can turn into a whole new level of drama. Even if he positions it well she may blame you. It's a slippery slope.

amyburemt's picture

to understand that if he keeps doing things like this he is enabling her need for power in YOUR relationship and home. The more you can cut her out of your lives, especially if she is toxic, the better your own household will be. There is nothign wrong with limiting contact to strictly direct kid issues such as emergencies, needed info for school, and exchange changes or custody visitation changes. Other than that there really isn't a need to have this toxic person maintaining any sort of handhold in your household.

Harry's picture

Your DH has the problem not his EX.  He does not have to talk to her. They can text and all texts are about the kids nothing else.  He is playing the game, don’t blame her.  She maybe nuts, buy he’s still buying it.  This will never end,  she will always come first and will always win.  And you lose, and lose and lose 

SonOfABrisketMaker's picture

He's still married to her, right? She's still his wife. No matter what little foreplay games they are playing right now, you could be out on your butt tomorrow and have been no more than a blip in their lives. 

Yes, you are over reacting because, honestly, you've set yourself up for this and seem to have a whole fantasy life dreamed up. That's not his ex wife, you are still someone else's wife and this relationship shouldn't even be happening until everyone is actually free and willing to move along in a healthy manner.

You are the side chick and you are all bent out of shape because this man's wife is asking him if he's ok. Take a step back, breathe, and ask yourself if all this invented drama is worth your peace of mind.

still learning's picture

Too much entanglement going on!  I believe she's legally divorced but he's technically not, I'm really confused so who knows ;) 

SonOfABrisketMaker's picture

Per comments on her last post, she's still married to her children's father.

Thenewreeree's picture

I won’t be out on my butt as we don’t live together. As I said in my last post, only via a piece of paper is she his wife - not in the more important sense being love. Lots of people don’t get divorced immediately. Doesn’t mean they can’t move on with their lives and actually find love.

tog redux's picture

Oh boy.  Being married is a legal contract.  You do realize that in the event of an accident, she will be notified, not you. If he dies, everything he owns goes to her and she can (and will ) cut you out of his funeral entirely.  He has years of court ahead to divide assets and custody, and lots of money spent.  It's rather naive to think that marriage is just about "love" and if the love is gone you just move right on.

still learning's picture

You're both technically still married and those pieces of paper stating you're legally someone else's spouses have a lot of power.  No judge looks kindly on a girl/boyfriend putting their own drama into the divorcing couples business. You say you're amicable with your still husband but you're worried that his still wife asked him if he was ok?  Sounds a bit jealous and insecure. Does your boyfriend monitor all of your communications to your husband? Does he cry and get upset at your texts?  

I personally think you both need to chill off the LOOOOOVE thing for a bit and get your lives in order. Love is fleeting, you're both going through a divorce so I don't have to tell you that. Both of you are on the rebound and really are just practicing a form of polyamory/open marriage.  Next after several divorces it will be serial monogomy with true love after true love. 

I've been divorced 2x and the 2nd marriage was a rebound, I should have known better. I was over 30 with 4 kids in tow remarried shortly after my divorce.  We had a child together and now I get to deal with that rebound on some level forever.  I love my kid from that relationship but truly regret ever meeting that man. 

But don't listen to us women who have been there gotten the "Fool me twice" t-shirt. You go on and make your own mistakes. Keep acting like a schoolgirl and have fun.  

Rags's picture

Please don't mistake that tingly endorphin driven "feeling" for love. Love is action. Love is dedication.  Love is true equity life partnership where both partners put the marriage and each other above all else.  As for love being action.. if he didn't have something going with his X... he would be divorced.  How can he be all in and truly your equity life partner when he is married to someone else?  Answer:  He can't.

This fails the smell test in so many ways it it is mind boggling.

Use your nose. The stench is tellingly appalling.

TrueNorth77's picture

Oh girl, I could have written your posts myself. I have been with my SO for 2-1/2 years. I was his first GF after they split up. They had a terrible relationship all along. I came in and things got worse. Constant hateful texts, emails, and when she would start dating someone (she is a revolving door of boyfriends), even her BF's would start texting my SO! It was constant harassment. My SO would engage. I would be infuriated. Rinse, repeat. Then she would change tactics and be all nice, asking for favors, etc. My SO put her ON HIS INSURANCE once when she called panicking because she had gotten pulled over with no ins., with the kids, and the cop was giving her a chance to not get a ticket if she immediately got ins. So he put her on, and didn't tell me. Another time, she moved into a new apt. and had no furniture at all, yet skids were going to be with her for her visitation. My SO rounded up a full house worth's of used furniture (we had a lot of it in our attic, but still), including a bed for BM, and drove it to her house an hour away. While he was there she gave him a sob story about not having presents for skids for xmas, so he ordered a video game console online and had it sent directly to her house so she would have something to give them. A few times I found out he had messaged her without telling me. (To be fair, he didn't owe it to me to tell me every communication, but when he's hiding it on purpose, you can bet your ass we're going to have a problem). 

We had huge fights about this and it nearly ended our relationship. The ONLY thing that saved it, is I put my foot down about communication. I told him he needed to stop and block her, and if he hid things from me again I would be out. The thing is, he really wasn't pining over her, or not ready to be with me, he just was clueless and thinking he was helping the kids by helping her. He didnt' want them to be in a car w/out ins, with no presents at her house on xmas....I get that, it's hiding it that was BS. Anyway, he did change his ways. BM has been blocked on our phones for over a year, and my SO had it put in the C.O. that communication will only happen on Our Family Wizard. Also, getting a C.O. is key!!! When there are no schedules, it just invites communication. We have a schedule, we follow it to a Tee, and there is no need to communicate about it, except occasionally. Our Family Wizard and the C.O. saved us. It would have been too hard on me otherwise. He now tells me when BM writes, ignores most of her messages unless it's necessary to respond. No more hiding stuff out of fear I'll get mad.

I feel for you, it is sooo hard. And it's still not over, it will go on until they are 18. She tells skids crazy stuff all the time, about me, my SO, etc. She is always on a mission to brainwash them. But limiting communication and a Custody agreement make it manageable. And making sure your SO knows you are not playing about hiding stuff. I was ready to leave, my SO is lucky I gave him another chance.

Like someone else said though, he is still married, and I have seen crazier things happen than someone getting back with the spouse they seemingly hate. My SO got back with Crazy before he met me, and they hated each other, even then. But there is that bond. Sometimes I feel like I gave my SO too many chances, and there are times I wish I had walked. Being a SM is HARD, and dealing with a crazy BM is HARD, and it is all just HARD! And it never goes away.

If you stay, I would be very cautious until he proves he can not hide things and limit communication.

ProbablyAlreadyInsane's picture

My BIGGEST thing is that I'm kept COMPLETELY informed and that communication is at a minimum (she likes to try and take advantage of him so far as money, emotional sob stories, etc. etc.)

I don't think what he did was acceptable. i wouldn't be okay with it at all. I'm on the fence for you. On one hand, maybe he'll fix it, on the other, he's already sneaky and being dishonest. A realtionship wtihout trust is really a relationship without any heart to it. And ultimately I think those are destined to fail.

NoWireCoatHangarsEVER's picture

You see I thought BM and my Now Dd's dad hated each other . How could he not hate her? She took his kids. She took his money. And she left him to his best friend while his dad was dying of cancer. He came back from the funeral and she was getting an abortion and said she didn't know whose child it was, his or his best friend . To two years they screamed at each other on the phone daily. They had horrible fights. He was living with me.. We were on vacation in the Keys and he was asleep and his phone kept beeping with texts at 3 am. He said "hand Me my phone" and I did but I could see her message. It

was

snotty and she said "You keep

asking me to reconcile but Bill and I are going to look at rings." And he did indeed ask her to reconcile

because he "wanted his family back." So buyer beware. Been there. Done that. Bought the happy meal

Thumper's picture

Women have a tendency to "day dream"..you wrote you boyfriend is someone unlike ANYONE you have met. GLITTER hearts,,,big smile faces---he is amazing. He is your person... :), right?

THIS thing with his recent ex wife is the only thing that is a problem.

Let that resinate  for week or two.

Miss, your little kids need your attention, not a boyfriend you recently met. IF you want to work on your relationship please consider flipping custody to where your ex has your kids most of the month and you a few nights like he has now.  EVEN if a new parenting plan is for this year reverting back to the current plan after you and boyfriend figure out your future. THIS is not a good place for the kids....

Former "divorced mom with kids"....

Notup4it's picture

He is dishonest about it, he is showing you his character... believe it, and look at it as a blessing that you saw now and not  years down the road.

He knows how much it was bothering you but chose to continue with it. Just get out, focus on your boys and work and school - you will find someone better... promise.

Kb1965's picture

My BF is the same way with contact about his ex.

He always says that he never talks to her but when I see the phone bill her number is constantly there. Pisses me off that he lies about it. She calls when I am on the phone with him and he has to hang up with me to talk to her because it could be about the child but 99.9 percent of the time it's just to tell him about the bs in her life. She is a leach that can't accept the fact that he has moved on and uses the child as a pawn. I don't trust them alone together but that is a whole other issue.