You are here

constant texting between DH and SS

forever2's picture

I am at the end of my rope. I know some of you out there have experience with this and I seek advice. DH and SS (16 going on 6) constantly text each other, and I do mean constantly. Literally 20-50 texts per day on a light day. We have 50-50 custody. The kid is an unbearable, self absorbed, needy, manipulative waste of space (topics for another day), and I live for my 50% of time alone with DH. BUT, it is never alone time because DH is always texting, always checking the phone for new texts. He does this during dinner, during dates, while he drives, on vacations, when I am mid-sentence, etc.... Always. To me this is so disresepectful. If you are with me, be with me and not with someone else via the phone. I wish we lived 30 years ago and texting wasn't an option. SS isn't constantly texting his mother while he is at our house, but DH has never parented and only tries to be the best friend. Why is a 16 year old male so clingy that he can't get thru an hour without texting his dad? That's just weird. He never thinks for himself or deals with his own problems big or small, he just grabs the phone and texts daddy. Why does DH still have the umbilical cord so tightly attached that he can't stand one hour without hearing from his beloved baby boy? They obviously enable each other with their insecurities. Of course whenever and however I bring up the topic, it is always the same nasty response....you just hate my kid and you don't want me to spend time with my family so go F yourself...basically the gist of his response with different wording depending on his mood. He won't even consider that he is being rude. As a bonus slap in the face, when I text he rarely responds, or he claims he doesn't hear the beep or that he has no reception. His kid's texts have the same beep and he answers within one millisecond. Has anyone out there dealt with this with any success? If so, please help.

hereiam's picture

People with no cell phone etiquette annoy me to no end.

Fortunately, SD24 does not even know DH's cell # (we still have a land line).

However, it seems there are other issues in your relationship.

Raggles's picture

I went through this.
My SO is always and i mean always on his phone either texting or fb or some forum hes joined! If i questioned it he would say ...you are on yours to which i would answer only because you are in yours!
It never got better because if it wasnt his phone it was his tablet or kindle!
I learnt to ignore him, sit there in silence and wait for him to notice and ask whats wrong!

It is god damn rude and i hated it.