You are here

congratulate me! I think i just got my way!

ocs's picture

So skid's grad is coming up and really no way in hell I want to attend. I was gearing up for it and DH gave me a true "out".

It's from Gr 8 which i think is ridiculous anyway, but he has made a GREAT compromise. I don't go to ceremony and have to see the nutjob. I know I can be polite and ignore her quietly while she will show her crazy. I don't want this for SD in front of her friends, but I also want DH and I to be a united team.

In any event, I somehow got out of it and will meet them for dinner, but DH thinks it was his brilliant idea.

(and he's so happy)

baby steps... sigh...

Orange County Ca's picture

Don't they have graduations from pre-school and kindergarten and....? It's all part of the congratulations for breathing air here's a trophy idiocy.

ocs's picture

Dtzy- I think that's great if you have missed some milestones over the years and are able to attend something like this.

I suppose I'm jaded because SD gets gifts for breathing, walking, just plain being...

I do think it is nuts that they go all out in grade 8. You should see the pics, gown and cap rental, dance etc... (we had a dance and that was it) I mean it is Gr 8... It is YOUR JOB to finish. What the hell else would you be doing? Why are we celebrating it?

Maybe a dinner out to celebrate starting high school as a rite of passage , but what this school does is IMO, silly.