You are here

clueless

SugarSpice's picture

recently sd was driving while using cell phone and drove her car into a ditch. she is in her mid twenties. she was unhurt but the car a total loss. dh decides that she needs a car for work and college so it was decided that she get my old car and he would buy me a new one. the old car was in great shape as i cared for the car and dh frequently changed the oil. dh did not ask for sd to pay anything for the old care which was paid off.

i recently bought a new pair of nice shoes for work. dh said that if i could afford shoes like that i had better put that money into the new car payments. i told him that the new car was bought because sd wrecked her car while using her phone and i would not pay while she got a free car.

so clueless.

AllySkoo's picture

Holy crap, what?!? He gives away your car for free and then has the audacity to complain about the cost of shoes?? Idiot.

SugarSpice's picture

it was understood that he would buy me the new car and sd would get my old one. in his head now sd gets a new car free with no payments while dh now expects me to put toward the new car. hell no. otherwise i would still have my old car. i set him straight.

SugarSpice's picture

yes he gave he a free car. i agree that he should have make her make payments at least to pay for the old car she got. if he gave it to her free he alone should make payments for the new car. when we got the new car it was clear that he was buying it for me in stead of buying sd a new car.

and she was previously on our policy. at least dh got her off our plan and deeded the car to her to limit our liability.

this sd has has a free ride since she dropped out of college when she was younger and stayed out of college for several years.

kathc's picture

oh HELL NO

He doesn't get to tell you "gee, I'll buy you a new car if we can give SD yours" and then turn around and expect you to pay for the new car!