You are here

Christmas is a pain in my $%!

Elizabeth's picture

I love Christmas, but SD14 makes it almost unbearable. Husband insists on spending way more for her gifts than I have agreed on. She opens them in silence, doesn't thank us for anything, and leaves the room as soon as she can. So I have that to look forward to.

Last night we were trimming the tree, and I think husband insisted she be there. She lay flat on the floor, face down, where everyone had to step over her. BD4 stepped on her accidentally and then apologized, and SD completely ignored her.

When husband spoke to SD, she just said "I hate Christmas." Right in front of BD4. I gave him a look, but he did nothing. BD was nearly distraught. She kept asking SD, "Why do you hate Christmas." She must have asked her four times before SD answered, and then she just said "I don't hate Christmas." But the damage was already done.

It's going to be a fun one...

pissedoffinNC.'s picture

Im sorry that you have to deal with that.. teenagers can be real asses at times. Sad

frustratedinMA's picture

I would remind her that Santa only comes to good kids.. then put coal in her stocking.

Technically.. you are Santa.. and if she is being a jerk to your child.. then hey.. Coal! Shouldnt make a difference how she behaves after opening her gifts.. LOL

JJ70's picture

Geez... your SD sounds like the Grinch who stole Christmas! Aren't teens just wonderful?? I recently bought my SS17 a present from his xmas list and once I heard that he'd been telling everyone he works with how much he hates me I returned the gift and got my money back!! Why should I get a gift for anyone who hates me so much??

Most Evil's picture

go volunteer at a food bank or soup kitchen, and go with her to make sure she really does it? That will make her feel lucky for having the things she does, a la 'A Christmas Carol'.

Most Evil

"Fortune favors the brave" - Virgil

Elizabeth's picture

I am not allowed to chastise the princess because her father doesn't want to "break her spirit." So I said nothing. But, when we resumed decorating the tree last night, husband did not require SD to be there. So the mood was much lighter.