You are here

Christmas get together

emmalee05's picture

So here's my problem..
My fiance moved away for work (7.5 hrs away) last month and has left his son (who he has no legal custody for except visitation) with the BM, and me in another city. For Christmas he arranged with BM to have his son for the 3 out of the 4 days he's back in town for. Luckily I do get him all to my self for a few hours on Christmas Eve on his drive home. But my problem is that because he so rarely gets to see his son, when he has him he's all starry eyed and pretty much a disneyland dad. He's only back in town for 4 days like I said and they are going to be staying with his mom (SS's grandma) for those days and he wants me to join them. I just don't see the point of me going. Since it will be a few days of family stuff. And since he has very limited time (I don't know when we will see each other next) I just feel like I want to be in a situation where I have to fight for time and attention from my fiance. To be honest, I'd rather not be there. I don't know if I'm being unreasonable or selfish but since I haven't seen him for so long I long to have some quality alone time with him without his son, without his family or mine. Even just to have a night out. I just I 'm just venting on here because I can't talk to him about this until I know that it's a valid concern. I am afraid of sounding like I want him to return his son to BM earlier or something. I don't want him to misunderstand me. Does anyone know what I mean? I have a hard time getting myself to even understand my feelings about him.