You are here

Child support modification questions!

br0949's picture

Ok, so a year ago my SO put in for a CS modification after we had twins and we r just now about to possibly get stuff done, maybe! SO and BM r about to go to mediation because in TN it is required before court. BM sent a settlement offer the other day to SOs lawyer, which is crap, she knows cs will be reduced significantly and is trying to get everything added in that she can! So I was wandering if anyone knows if a judge would add stuff like this in! She wants sd 12 yrs still added in cs for daycare but she isn't going right now but may go during summer, SO offered to pay half if she goes but BM wanted it included so we would have to go through all this again to get it changed! BM also wants it co that SO pay half of all sports activities, half of car insurance when sd12 and ss9 turns 16, wants it co that he pay half of all college cost and she says that she paid a $100 mo for food for ss because of medicine that she has to take to school and daycare, but it is food, wouldn't that fall under deviations since it is extraordinary medical? Does anyone know if a judge can add stuff like this as a co?

Willow2010's picture

12 yrs still added in cs for daycare but she isn't going right now but may go during summer, SO offered to pay half if she goes but BM wanted it included so we would have to go through all this again to get it changed! BM also wants it co that SO pay half of all sports activities, half of car insurance when sd12 and ss9 turns 16, wants it co that he pay half of all college cost and she says that she paid a $100 mo for food for ss because of medicine that she has to take to school and daycare, but it is food, wouldn't that fall under deviations since it is extraordinary medical? Does anyone know if a judge can add stuff like this as a co?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1)Is should read that DH will re-reimburse BM for ½ of daycare cost, ( a daycare approved by DH and BM) if she can provide a receipt. But only up until the child is 13 years old. Not even sure if they have day care for kids that old.
2). You can have it read that DH will pay ½ for any sports that he agrees to skid being in.
3). Hell no on the insurance. If he does want to, then it needs to read, he will pay ½ if he agrees with the coverage and it needs to have an end date.
4). No to college. That is something that I hate in a CO. If you are in a state that requires that, then make sure it states he pay a third, BM pay a third and skid pay a third. And that it is for 2 years of community college and two years state college. Anything after 4 years is on skid alone.
5). Not sure about the food deviation thing.
What a money grubbing cow your BM is.

br0949's picture

Yes she is, right now SO is paying $1200 a month, drives 6 hours every weekend to get and take his kids home, pays $70 a month for life ins for kids, pays for all med dental and vision and she wants more! We can't afford to live and because it will be reduced so we can she is trying to add in so much extra! SO offered to help pay for sports stuff when we can but doesn't want it co because if we dont have money to pay for a pair of shoes or something he doesnt want to be held in contempt, with car ins, no way, when they r here and drive our vehicles they would have to be covered so y should we have to pay double? The day care thing I think she is just trying to get over but I just dont know if a judge would have this stuff put in? I dont see how but it is scaring me that we will end up paying her what we r now!

liks's picture

1200 per month CS should be all he needs to pay and thats it....I would be waiting until mediation, or get your lawyer to work out how much he has to pay....In my recent experience our attorney told us that college tuition is being pushed into this state as law that a man can be CO to pay, but its not yet in this state...although some states have it...here CS finishes at 18 or until the little darling graduates from high school....

He also said that 800 a month is more than enough CS for a man on 89k a year...although the amt that BM earns is taken into consideration - in our case she is on 70k apparently...so our attorney said that we are possibly paying too much...but not another red cent will be paid to that ugly bitch....in other words....she foots the bill for everything else...no insurance, no medical bills....etc....nothing...

mediation officer also told the weirdo that CS covers these expenses and that she has to start budgetting should she want them...200 bucks a week is plenty for these 2 emotional selfish spawns....and it finishes once they turn 18...so we got a year and a half then poor BM will have to work harder to pay for her drugs and ciggies.... }:)

br0949's picture

Its sad because SO makes around $50,000 a yr and BM has a bs and makes more than him and we r still paying $1200 a month! We have got to get this changed soon, I am just so worried about all the other stuff being added in!