You are here

Cell Phone Service Plan and Biological Mom....we have a question.

Not-the-mom's picture

We don't have a cell phone anymore, we dropped our plan years ago, but we kept the phone and only use it to call 911 if we need to - for free.

We are not up on the new service plans, but we assume they are pretty much the same - you get an itemized "bill" or "print out" monthly that tells you whom you called, and who called you, and how many times, and the dates? :?

We aren't sure if this is still accurate, but the last time we spoke to my DH's kids and this subject came up (about one year ago)
they said that they have been on a plan with their mother for some time. She was the main signer on the cell phone plan, and the kids could get phones also on her plan - all for a good low price.

Well, this hasn't sat well with us for some time - because if their mother gets the "bill" she is able to "spy" on the kids and see how much they are in contact with their father. Sad We wouldn't put it past her to do this.

Are we accurate in that the BM could use the itemized printout on her phone bill to check up on my DH and the kids - how often they are in communication with one another, and for how long?

Aeron's picture

I don't know about other providers, but with AT&T, absolutely. My SD is/was on our cell plan and any time we felt like it we could log into the web site and see what numbers had been called, time of call and duration of call. We can also see the numbers that text messages are sent to and from (though not the content of the text). Otherwise, it's all in the monthly bill.

VioletsareBlue's picture

I think this is one thing that shouldn't bother you. Who cares if she spends all her time tallying up minutes that the kids to talk their dad? She looks like the idiot. At least you aren't paying for the bill.

Jsmom's picture

I agree with Violets, this shouldn't really bother you. At least you aren't paying for it. Her right if she is paying the bill...

liks's picture

Are the kids not allowed to speak or text with their father? At least your not footing the bill.....we were and the BM was propably using the skids phones to get stuff cos we had one bill for 900 bucks.....needlesstosay we dont pay their cell phones anymore.....

maybe your just checking on the info the bm will have - she will be able to look up dates, times etc...so dont go saying you are doing one thing to her and taking calls from the skids at the same time....

Not-the-mom's picture

We were just wondering - nothing more.

Not being that up on new technology, we weren't sure how far things go anymore. On Facebook you can get all sorts of information. That is why Facebook is in trouble now, because they changed the privacy settings and didn't tell anyone, so people were getting information they otherwise didn't need to have. Yahoo is trying to copy Facebook in several ways -and that is how the whole mess with my SS's fiance stalking me here began. Yahoo was alerting them that I was posting things different places - and they were reading what I thought were anonymous posts in other places. When I made mention I was in search of a good Stepparent online site (I never said the name of the site I was going to) the fiance stalked me here and has been reading my posts for many weeks. She is probably reading this one also. Blum 3

It is usless to change my name and ID because she will most likely hunt me down like she did before. Either she got really lucky and found me here quickly, or she spent HOURS searching for me. Either way she is a real piece of work.

We weren't sure with Droid and other newer services just how far this snooping can go on a cell phone service also.

It doesn't keep us up at night if that is your concern. Wink But it is helpful to "know thy enemy". Dirol Wink

liks's picture

yeah the skids and the BM facebook creep on me too....Ive defriended them as they were too nasty with their comments....

I have fun everynow and then by doing status updates and check ins saying im on a cruise ship, or Im doing voluntry work, or at some airport...having lunch in a gorgeous restaurant....playing paintball....at the movies.....you name it..... they are all so emotionally selfish.....they go stupid ova the fact they might be missing out on something....their jealous enquiries make them look really stupid .... mmm might up date my check in now....now where am I today....???? yay...disneyland!!!!