You are here

Castor Oil

kalinda's picture

I have read several posts on here about whiny skids and their many many imagined hurts, owie's, booboo's, tummy aches...on and on. I have 2 SD's that are just as bad, except I do not have to deal with OSD13 anymore because she does not come see us. However I do still have to deal with YSD11 and her myriad of imagined injuries and illnesses. I do know that she is the way she is because BM will run her to the doctor for a freaking zit as my DH is the insurance holder for his girls health insurance and we get 4-5 statements of benefits in the mail every single week. And I am serious about that, we get 4-5 a week every single week from his girls going to the doctor for some imagined something every single week.

Anyway on to my thought....Last night YSD11 comes in and within the 1st hour of her being with us her tummmmmyyyy hurttttttt, her teeeeeeth hurt because of her braces, her aarrrmmm hurt because she had a mosquito bite and her leeeeeegggsss hurt because she had to run in gym class. Now DH doesn't really pay much attention to all of the whining, and we know she wants ibuprofen because BM has convinced her that it will even make her tummy feel better. Me...nope you only get ibuprofen when I KNOW you truly need it, if you have a (fake) tummy ache you get tums or pepto. But I have had a wonderful thought this morning and I do believe I love my idea. CASTOR OIL!!!! I have some in my medicine cabinet, it works wonders on pulling out splinters, just dab some on a cotton ball put it over the splinter for a couple of hours and poof its out. But I remember my grandmother used it for EVERYTHING, back in the day everyone used it for every ailment you can think of. It also has the added "benefit" of making you kinda smelly and you will be making very regular visits to the bathroom.

So stalkers...what do ya think? Would that be horrid of me?

step off already's picture

LOL. My grandma used to offer to give my dad an enema whenever he was sick. And I'm sure she probably gave him one or two in his time.

So as I was growing up, whenever I was complaining or whining or hurt, he'd ask if I needed an enema? It wasn't till I got older that I realized how funny it was. I started saying it to my then 3-4 year old, who is the baby and a complainer. The funniest part is that he'd be whining and crying and saying, "i need an enema"

LMAO

He still whines and complains and asks for bandaids all the time. I always have him wash his hands and get a bandaid if needed. But I always tell him to drink water - it works for stomach aches, head aches, hurt limbs, scrapes, bruises, bumps, tired/ crankiness.

Yes. Give the castor oil!

Accordn2L's picture

OMG HAHAAHAHAH give her a few teaspoon fulls everytime she whines. I bet that shit stops literally!

kalinda's picture

Hahaha I did not know you could buy the gel caps, I am so so so going to get some.

kalinda's picture

Oh I never planned on going crazy with it, I just wanted something to get her to stop with the fake "I dont feel good"