You are here

Can't "Disengage" No Matter How Hard I Try...

B22S22's picture

My DS14 is in high school, and plays a sport. This is the same sport my SS19 played 2 years ago, playing his freshman thru junior years. Some of the parents on the team, specifically parents of juniors and seniors, remember my SS well.

What I found out last night is that apparently they remember BM even moreso.

I got to hear stories from a number of them about how she would regularly have a screaming tantrum with one or more of the coaches. I think one of the parents described her as "Finger wagging, hair flying, and speech slurred" (BM likes to imbibe). Although usually I get a kick out of hearing stories about BM, especially when she's being.... well, HER, I found these to be uncomfortable. Probably because they're wondering if I'm the same way? I don't know. I just had this feeling of "oh crap" I hope they don't think I behave that way, too.

On to better news... my DH has downloaded the forms to cease CS due to emancipation, and has started filling them out to take to the court house ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then he will get a court date, and hopefully nothing will pop up between now and then.

Funny, BM called yesterday screaming that she hadn't received her weekly CS (typical statement is "WHERE IS MY MONEY??!!??"). Although I never really comment on her calls when DH tells me about them, I couldn't help but blurt, "Get used to it biznotch, your gravy train is ending!"

OK, back to work.

B22S22's picture

Yes, HER money. Usually 2 or 3 times a year there is a glitch in the CS system in our lovely state, which invariably results in one of these phone calls.

ETA: she was the one who INSISTED it go thru the state and comes directly out of DH's check. So when this happens, DH says, "It came out of my check, not my problem now."

B22S22's picture

Honestly? I think she has called the CSE office so many times, NOBODY wants to talk to her. I swear if that money is 42 minutes late, she's on the horn itching to yell at someone.

Rags's picture

Payroll withholding is absolutely the way to go. For both the CP and NCP. The NCP does not have to speak to the CP at all about CS. It is in the system.

The CP does not have to wait for the NCP to send the CS. Any delays are the states problem and CP can STFU when it comes to harrasing the NCP.

Before we invoked direct withholding Sperm GrandHag used to pay in micro installments every few days. Once we invoked it came straight out of her idiot son's pay checks and she and SPerm GrandDaddy had to directly subsidize their idiot son instead of getting to claim they were helping their Grandspawn.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

OMG you called her a biznotch? LOL this is hilarious? But HOW is BM going to buy new clothes for herself and be able to afford groceries, too? Waaaaaaahhh!!!

Still loving "biznotch" word here lol...... Good for you!!

~ Moon

B22S22's picture

I didn't actually say it to HER, just said it to DH after he got off the phone (like, a split second later...)

I remember hearing that term once upon a time, and it seemed fitting....