You are here

Can little boys have mini wife syndrome too?

Misstepped's picture

So I went to the shops the other day and skid (8) came along with me. DH gave me his wallet to take for whatever we needed. Skid had been well behaved so DH agreed to get him a new game. We got the game for both skids to share and then went to buy meat for dinner. At the butcher I open DHs wallet to pay and skid looks at me, rolls his eyes and says "you know that's my dads money and you shouldn't be spending it" ummm excuse me? I'm buying 4 steaks, 1 for me, 1 for DH, and one each for the skids. I know he is just a kid but my blood boils. So you think I have to buy your food you little s*** and you think you can spend dads money on games but I (an adult in this relationship) can't buy simple groceries...!!! What a tight arse in the making. 

Then all the way back to the car he wouldn't drop it "why do you spend my dads money instead of your own?" and "you know you shouldn't be doing that" I just said when you grow up you will understand and your dad doesn't mind.

Not to mention I'm on mat leave and I pay for half of all expenses. Why am I even feeling like I have to justify to this skid? BM isn't even in their ear either, she has gone and shacked up with a cashed up guy and spends all his money on her kids. She causes me very little issues.

Winterglow's picture

And you didn't take the game back to the shop while saying, "you're right, I shouldn't have bought this with his money, I should have bought it with yours. Now cough up."

Rumplestiltskin's picture

Yep, either you are a family and share money or it's each for himself. Take back that game and let him use his birthday money or get a job! Don't entertain this for a second and do not feel you have to justify anything. 

tog redux's picture

As an adult, you should feel free to say, "That's none of your business, and you are being rude." 

simifan's picture

I would have put the steaks back without saying a word. Stopped at my favorite resturant and got myself the biggest steak dinner they had with all the fixin's and enjoyed every bite. I'd let DH and skids who think they have a right to question what goes on in my home to fend for themselves. I would have made sure to tell DH why he has no dinner and now has to feed skids too. 

It may be bitchy but it would be damn effective. 

SeeYouNever's picture

What a little jerk! 

The term "spousification" can be used for kids of either sex that think they are the same status as adults in the household. 

Picardy III's picture

If BM isn't in his ear, is it possible that your DH has made negative comments about who buys what in your relationship? Is he tit-for-tat about expenses, or does he minimize your contributions?

Kids don't make comments like that about money unless they pick an attitude up from a parent, IMO.

SteppedOut's picture

Why did you even bring his kids with you?? Hope it's the last time you agree to that crap!