You are here

Can BM legally keep me away from SD?

girlmeetsworld714's picture

SO and BM are in the beginning of what I expect to be a very lengthy custody battle. I have been with SO for 3 years (since weeks after SD3 was born) and BM is still livid about this (they were never married; SD is the result of a "friends with benefits" relationship). She makes false statements and accusations about me and SO. She has said that I am "inappropriate" with SD3 and that I "cross lines" and she has said that "over her dead body" will I be allowed in her kid's life. All these claims are ridiculously untrue and potentially hurtful to me in a professional aspect (I run a daycare) and she has no "proof" of anything to back up any of these claims. Is there something she can put into a custody order that says SO can't have SD3 when I'm around? We are unmarried and I'm not sure what any laws are regarding this, but I know it's her goal in life to split us up and keeping me from being around when SD is in SO's custody will surely put a dent in us.

girlmeetsworld714's picture

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, she's trying to keep SD from SO. But we know she will use my existence as an excuse in court because that's what she's been doing for the past year and a half. It's unrelated to ROFR.