You are here

Callous, spying skids

TheLadyTremaine's picture

Just wanted to hear your opinions on the situation since DH's response is making me doubt myself...

I'm 9 months pregnant. SS14 and SD12 were here for the weekend. I was coming down the stairs with my hands full of dirty dishes and about 5 steps from the bottom my feet flew out from under me, cartoon style. I landed equally on my head and my back and hit so hard that my head actually cracked the stair. I blacked out for just a moment and then started freaking out worrying about the baby.

SD12 was in the office right at the bottom of the stairs when this happens. She literally leaps over my body and bounds up the stairs to call BM to tell her that I fell down the stairs. DH was very sweet, called the midwife and took care of me while making dinner.

I very rarely sit with the skids for meals as its so hard to bite my tongue and watch the disrespect but I made an exception because I didn't want to make an extra trip up the stairs with my plate. Half way through dinner, DH asks me if I've felt the baby move since the fall. Before I can even answer, SD says "Well this is appropriate dinner conversation!" in possibly the snottiest voice I've heard come out of her. DH actually surprised me by standing up to her just a little saying "Well yes, when there's a pregnant lady at the table, it is." And I answered like she hadn't even spoken.

Neither skid said anything else about the fall. They never asked if the baby (who they are supposedly so excited for) was ok. BM did call DH to make sure her babies were safe. Why, I'm not sure. When DH and I talked about this after the skids left, I said that this was an example of why they can't be around when I might go into labor and why I feel so uncomfortable when they're here. They simply have no concern for me or this baby and they can't stand the attention not being 100% on them. He says that they were both very worried and afraid and just didn't know how to react. Seems to me like a bunch of bullshit since I know toddlers who would have responded better. Also, I can't count how many times I've helped and comforted and neosporined these kids when they've fallen down so you'd think they'd know how to be compassionate.

Am I wrong for feeling like I'm being spied and tattled on to BM? Am I wrong to expect either skid to say something like "Are you ok?" or "Is the baby ok?" even if its just to DH? Should I be concerned about these kids being around the baby? The callousness of the situation just makes me worry about what would happen if my kid got hurt while they were around. Curious to hear what you all think.

Ninji's picture

So you were still on the floor and Skid jumps over you to call BM. Didn't yell for DH.

Then the snotty attitude at dinner.

I would be upset as well.

Hope your doing ok.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Wow, that's heinous. I hope you're okay. I once fell down the stairs, and Faux (then Dirol stood at the top of the stairs grinning like a serial killer, then walked away laughing. Kid's an effing freak.

Easylikesundaymornin's picture

How did DH come to the conclusion that the SK were concerned about you ??? I am lost there ~

I think DH's issue here is that he is delusional that he wants his kids to act a certain way , n they can't & won't.

Why wasn't the response " what is wrong with you kids ?? " she fell down the steps n you show no empathy ???

Sports Fan's picture

I'm calling bullshit on your DH. SD jumped over you to call BM. A complete stranger would of asked if you were okay. I think you should be very concerned about how these kids will be around a new baby. I would watch them closely and not leave them alone with the baby. Children in intact families can be jealous of a new baby. These kids actions should be what you trust, not your DH's delusional ideas.

Makes me feel better to know there are others like that out there. I'm sorry about your pup. SD had a similar reaction when my horse, the one she learned to ride on, died. Sad.

Evil stepmonster's picture

Oh I hope you and peanut are ok. I can't phathom what is going on in your DH's head. If this was a stranger on the street and my kids jumped over her to call and tell someone they say a pregnant lady fall I would open a keg of whoop ass on them.
That being said, I would too ignore them, comepletely, forever. I wouldn't let them anywhere near the baby, oh you want to see the wee baby ok, I'll hold him/her and you can take a good look. It's good that he shut her snotty remark down but I do hope he takes off the rose colored glasses soon. Good luck and God bless you two.

I had a half sister with a similar age difference and we f'in loved each other. I thought everything she did was cool and everything she touched was gold. She voluntarily spent a ton of time playing with me and even made eating my vegetables fun. So I guess I have a different view of how things could be. And this is where some of the concern comes in. I don't want my child idolizing such inconsiderate people.

luchay's picture

Yep. I have 4 dd's - when the youngest was born the oldest was 2 weeks short of 16. When we announced we were pregnant she did have a moment of "OH MUM, you CAN'T - my friends will all know you have sex!"

But both her and the then 13yo adore their little sisters, and even now they all love each other to bits. My 12yo (no3) started high school today, and no2 (now 22) was really upset that she had to work and couldn't be there! She wanted to drive her to school!

Your OH is an idiot, your SD is a bitch. (I don't CARE if anyone thinks you should never call a skid that - jumping OVER a pregnant lady who fell down the stairs so she could call her mother! I'd have freaked out on her and the OH's arse for that nasty little stunt.

Glad you and bubs are ok.

Should have mentioned that the baby and I are just fine, especially after seeing a chiropractor.

I also can't understand where he got the idea that they were concerned. I think its true that he wishes they were kinder and has trouble facing the reality that they are self centered, drama lovers.

I am always civil and polite with the skids. But the next time they ask me for something its gonna be a real challenge not to say something snotty about them ignoring me when I was hurt. I know you guys are right that I need to stay far away from their level.

More than being hurt for myself, I'm hurt for the baby. I already plan to never leave them alone with the baby and I'm pretty sure that is going to cause friction with DH. He wants me to act like we're a big happy family but I'm afraid they would purposely hurt my child. I haven't said this to him. I think the idea of not letting them have too much interaction appeals to me. Not because I want to be weird and controlling but because they are proving to be not nice people, in many ways. Another post about SS sociopathy is soon to come! Thank you.

Calypso1977's picture

wow.

my SD14 is a complete twat waffle, but even she would have asked if i was ok and probably gotten her dad.

your Skids are obviously extremely self centered and have no compassion, care or empathy for others. i would make SURE your baby is never alone with them. ever.

hope you are feeling better and that the baby is ok and makes safe delivery.

4GETABOUTIT's picture

I'm glad you and baby are fine. Your skids are assholes. Your DH is delusional and why the eff was the BM calling to see if her kids were safe? She's a bitch too. How were they in danger? I wouldn't do a damn thing for those kids. They would be completely invisible to me and dh would have been cursed out for not going off on his kids.

luchay's picture

Oh the BM checking on her kids safety!!!

BTDT.

I broke my ankle a couple of years ago, OH had to take me to hospital (go figure) it was a Weds night - he has skids from after school til 8.30pm. Obviously he was busy and not able to drive them home (oh it was Easter so no school next day either) He texted BM to say that I'd broken my ankle and that he'd be late.

(skids and my younger dd's were left with dd(then)19.

BM texts him ranting and raving and calling us both effing "c's" and WHERE WERE HER BABIES!!!!! She was coming to get them and he had better effing be there etc.

stupid fat "c"....