You are here

boat rides

SMof2Girls's picture

We took the skids out on the boat this past weekend. They had a blast.

When BM called to talk to them Sunday night, they were very excited tot ell her about it. Her response? "When I get my next set of orders we're going to either Texas or Florida. If it's Florida, we'll get a boat there!"

She's not due for new orders until 2017. And the presumption that she's just going to take the skids irritates me. DH, of course, is stressed already trying to figure out how to prevent it, but I don't imagine there's much he can do until she actually HAS orders.

Just hate that she's already laying this groundwork to convince the kids to WANT to go ..

SMof2Girls's picture

We had no doubts that she would try to take orders further away again. The reality is her next set of orders will be ship duty .. she will have been on shore duty for 6+ years by then.

No doubt it will go to court. She will not agree to leave them here, DH will not agree to let them go. Especially since her likelihood of extended duty and deployment will be MUCH higher.

bearcub25's picture

If she is on ship or deploying...she has no choice but leave them. No point spending 3 years worrying about it now. A lot can change in 3 years.

SMof2Girls's picture

According to SD8, BM had her "tubes fixed" so she can't have anymore babies.

But yes, she's been known to do that in the past.