You are here

BM's wishing themselves a "Happy Father's Day"

katielee's picture

On Facebook, all these single BM's are wishing themselves a "Happy Father's Day" because they "do it all by themselves". Give me a break. They make our lives miserable calling our DH's to "keep them involved" in our stepchildren's lives, every single little decision that needs to be made, blah, blah, blah. Not to mention that hefty check they get once a month so they can continue their weekly manicures and such. How ridiculous is it to say they do it all themselves? Just another reason to dislike BM...

theoutsider's picture

I saw a friend of mine on facebook, who just recently divorced another friend of mine,... She said this same thing,...

I was confused and sent her a private message asking if her ex had died because I had not spoken to him in a long while and he was not on facebook... She told me this same thing,.. That she does it all herself,....

I didn't even know how to respond to that,...

realitycheckmom's picture

LOL I do it all myself. My ex has seen our DD three times in her almost five years on this planet. Total of maybe 5 hours if you add all three times together and that may be a stretch. I have never wished myself a Happy Fathers Day and no one else has either. I never would have thought to do it although I see a lot of single dads get happy mothers days. Smile

twopines's picture

The father of the child of a friend of mine is not involved in any way, shape or form. The child support case is pending. She specifically posted something on her FB asking her friends to NOT wish her Happy Father's Day. Her reasoning is she already had Mother's Day, and she doesn't have a penis, lol.

lil_lady's picture

My mom was a single mom dad was never involved I think it takes a unreal amount of work. I have endless amount of respect for my mother. However, I would loose it if she decided that she needed to national days to be recognized for it. She wants to be a mother and loves to be a mother she does not need society to recognize it just the love of her children.

SMof2's picture

I commend all mothers that do it all themselves and those that have no father around to help do anything. Its never easy..but Father's day is for Father's...Not single mother's day. I feel like hey one day to honor fathers is not that bad. Mothers especially single moms get recognition all year long. They are always recognized. Fathers on the other hand can be left out. I have 2skids and my husband is a Father. Yes, he is no longer marired to their mother buthe picks them up, takes them to the doctor, goes to school conferences, stays up with them when they are sick, picks up and drops them off for basketball and volleball games,plays with them, cries with them..etc.He is a father and supports their mother even when she is unsupportive of him being a faather at times. This is what the day is about. So no I don't think mothers even if single should be recognized on fathers day. Geeze its one day to honor the good men and fathers...

lil_lady's picture

^^^ Agreed we are currently close to 50000 out of pocket in the last year she however has no problem going for road trips and weekends out pawning her children off on her days... My bf doesnt post about himself on mothers day even tho we both feel he has the right to.

Disneyfan's picture

Plenty of mothers are raising their kids without the fathers.
If they want to claim the day, cool.

Last month my school had a Mother's Day mommy daughter tea. Two fathers took their daughters. Both men have full custody. Both proudly wore the girly Mom pins the girls made.

Anon2009's picture

I get why you are frustrated because I'm sure bm did the same on MySpace years ago. But it's worthwhile to remember that there are women out there who do it all themselves.

It might be better to not look at the fb pages of those who said that anymore especially if you know it's not true.

Anon2009's picture

You've said elsewhere that women can and do con men and lie to them. Men can and do con and lie to women just as much as women do to men. I'm sure that many of these women were conned by these men into believing that said men can part bodies of water.

Anon2009's picture

I'm 34. I know people can be conned. Men aren't saints. They can really pull the wool over the eyes of some women.

jumanji's picture

Being a Dad isn't just about the money. Neither is being a Mom. I know men AND women who have filled both roles (and yes, I wish those guys a Happy Mother's Day, too). My ex has, sadly, done little to show our kids what a real parent is like. We BOTH support the kids financially. But only one of us has actually parented them. No, there was no alienation (the opposite, in fact). Just a lack of interest. So be it.

kellyyy's picture

BM does it too and I dont get why! DH is eow and pays child support so yea he doesnt do alot of parenting but BM has had a live in boyfriend for the last two years. I dont see how she can say she is a single mom...

aggravated1's picture

If you are a mom and do both jobs, doesn't that just make you a really good mother? Then buy yourself something extra on Mothers Day and leave it at that. Personally, I think only crazy BM attention whores try to make even Fathers Day about themselves. Everyone else thinks it's stupid.

PeanutandSons's picture

I think its completely pompous to wish yourself happy fathers day....but I also think its pompous to wish yourself a happy mothers day. You shouldn't be giving yourself props at all.

I don't get this whole need for recognition. I don't need recognition for being mom to my kids. I'm their mom....that's what I do. I don't do it for Facebook posts on mother day, I don't do it for a card or some flowers. I don't care if people think I am super mom or if they think I am phoning it in. Its not about other people....its about my kids.

A mom who does it all is just that....a mom who does it all. It does not make her a dad. I may be married to my kids father but I certainly do more than half the work... Dh will be first to admit that I do 95% of the work raising our kids....does that mean that I should get a happy fathers day too? There is not a single thing I do for or with my kids that I think to myself....this is me being their father because this is a dads job. Its all just raising kids.

EvilWickedSM's picture

While I don't agree that BM's should wish themselves a Happy Fathers Day (that's just tacky and attention whoring), it does take a lot more to be a parent than send a CS check every month. BM's still put out $, time, etc. into caring for the kids. Of course, not ALL of them do, as there are those who live off of CS solely, who are quite capable of working, and don't contribute financially....I don't have anything nice to say about that.

jumanji's picture

I wouldn't wish myself a happy MD, FD, BD... But if someone else chooses to do so? I will not reject it.

And yes, my kids wished me a happy FD, saying "she may not actually BE a Dad, but she stepped into the role admirably. So Happy Father's Day to !"

SMof2Girls's picture

Whether they deserve it or not, it's tacky and crass to wish YOURSELF a Happy Father's Day. These are the attention-whoring drama queeens that I typically block/delete from my Facebook friends list.

The fact that they feel a need to draw attention to themselves in this way highlights more about their character than their obligation to raise their children (alone or not).