You are here

BM's Narcotic Use

Step-Volgirl's picture

At pick up yesterday, BM mentioned that she was going to go to the ER that night. She's been to SEVERAL doctors over the last month who all said she had kidney stones. She admitted to taking hydrocodone daily for the last THREE weeks! :jawdrop: WTF!?!?!

When I had a C-Section, I didn't even take narcotics that long! We offered to keep SD rather than have BM drag her to the ER. BM declined saying that her mom will watch SD. BM then said that she was having Guy#3 drive her to the ER.... so she won't drive herself, but it's totally ok for her drive SD8...

So over hypochondriac BM!

Kilgore SMom's picture

Kidney Stones are very painful. But if she has a addictions that could be different. I knew a girl that was addicted to hydrocodone because it made her speed. May watch her closer. Chances are she hasn't taken anything yet because she out. Thats why she needs to go to ER to get more. They'll probably give her a shot and she won't be able to drive afterwards.

Step-Volgirl's picture

The issue is that she's ALWAYS sick or hurt or something! And she'll have to go to more than one doctor...always. She went to several doctors who all told her she had kidney stones, but still needed to go to the ER (and yet another doctor) because she KNOWS it's something else.

I think she's been to the ER 15-20 times this year. She's never been admitted to the hospital.

About a year ago, she was convinced she had stomach cancer, Dr. #1 told her it was MSRA (but don't worry, it's not contagious), Dr. #2 told her it was Crohn’s disease, Dr. #3 told her it was gas and to eat better, Dr. #4 told her it was kidney stones. She must have liked that diagnosis, because she quit going to the dr. after that. Three months later, she still hadn't passed the stones and SHE decided that it must have been Crohn’s disease or MSRA.

Disneyfan's picture

How do you know how often she goes to the doctor/ER? If someone offered me a million dollars to tell that type of info about either BM, I couldn't do it. I happen to get along great with one of them and I still don't know that type of stuff about her.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

So? ???? I don't understand . It really is not your business unless she is putting the kids in danger and then bio dad needs to do something.

RedWingsFan's picture

Sounds to me like it's time for you to disengage from BM...who cares how often she's sick or visits the ER??????

The only reason this should affect you is if it's detrimental to the kids. And then, it shouldn't really affect YOU, it would be bothersome to your DH.

Step-Volgirl's picture

BM tells us all this info at pick ups/drop offs. Usually, it relates to who will watch SD9 during the dr. appointments or ER visits. I'm still trying to find a polite way of saying, "ENOUGH" to BM. I never ask questions and as soon as I get a word in I say something along the lines of, "Oh gosh! I hope you feel better soon." and then try to change the topic to SD9. I've tried "Ok enough! I'm tired just listening to it!" and then changed the topic to things related to pick up/drop off.
DH is so used to BM's "illnesses", that he tunes most of it out.

On more than one occasion, SD9 will want to call her mom every few hours on the weekend, "because she's sick and there's no one there to take care of her."