You are here

Bm's drama every weekend we have skids

klamb's picture

We have skids eowe. The week that we do not have them is bliss... The week before picking them up, starts going down hill about Wednesday.... biomom starts sending snotty e-mails, and just being an all out b****. For the most part we ignore her.

Yesterday DH sent her an email telling her that he would only respond to questions reguarding the girls and that anytime her emails become negative or she started her normal windbagging, he would not read any further, he would just hit delete...

Pick up time is at 6pm Friday. Due to his long work hours, there are times that he is not off by 6 so he has to email bm and let her kinow what time he will be able to get there... She always makes everything into some huge drama. " I guess your girls just arn't important enough to you to be able to pick them up on time" etc....

We have gotten to the place, that if the girls have plans with there friends and do not want to come over, we do not make them. (they live in another town) This is comunicated thrue the girls.. they send dad a face book message if they have plans.

The girls are 14 and 16, does anyone have any suggestions on a way to get around having to deal with bm's drama. It would be nice for dad to just message the girls and let them know what time he will be there, but bm is such a control freak I am sure she will insist that he contact her.

Does anyone have an easier way of doing the exchange with teens? any suggestions will be appreciated!!
we are both so tired of all of the drama!

Kes's picture

My SDs are the same age, ie 14 and 16, and my DH liaises with them, not the BM about all matters to do with them coming to stay with us every other weekend. They come on Sat am, as he doesn't get home till 7.30pm on Fri and is always wiped out.
THe BM is a complete drama queen, like yours, but he ignores her or puts the phone down if she starts off with him. I never speak to her!

Zoie's picture

My SD is 10yrs old and my DH deals with his daugther only..well unless it's something very important or urgent then he has to deal with BM. But just day to day stuff he calls his daughter and if BM needs to speak with him..if she's decent then he will talk to her if not the phone call ends and she can send an email...if she's rude in her email he ignores it..

We are too a point because BM is always causing problems and she is so nasty all the time that my DH told her "My relationship is with my daughter and not you so unless it's urgent dont call me just send me an email... period...".

It's funny because if BM is going to be late dropping off my SD she makes my SD calls her dad..but if my DH is late BM wants him to call her and not SD...

Z

klamb's picture

Thanks for your help. He is going to give it a shot. Hope it works... My guess is that she will make him contact her as to when he will be picking them up. I never speak to her either. The girls have told us that they are not to speak about either Dad or I in their home. I do not know why she has to make every thing so difficult. My ex and I get along. We do not go out of our way to be buddies, but have never been down right hateful like she is.

Zoie's picture

I hear you...my DH's ex is just nasty and always looking to make trouble..I want nothing to do with her at all..she is a terrible mother and I use the term mother loosely..she is not a mother, she is toxic...

I'm not sure why some people feel the need to try to make everyone's life miserable... In truth my husband and I and my SD have a very good life together, very loving, peaceful life and we like it that way...

As for your BM...ignore her..clearly she is just a miserable woman..Well at least try to ignore her...

Cheers...Z