You are here

BM trying to get more money from DH...can she do this???

bettyboo38's picture

DH pays the court ordered child support plus prorated daycare/medical/dental costs. Now BM wants DH to pay part of school lunches! We thought this was included in child support.

Sassy's picture

Be kinder than necessary to everyone! We all have our battles.

Child support IS for all that crap-to support the child. School clothes, school lunches, fieldtrips, whatever-that's what the idiot gets the money for-to support the child, not to pay her bills or buy hersaelf crap-it is solely to be spent on supporting that kid.

melis070179's picture

Tell him no way, thats what cs is for. Hopefully she's not stupid enough to pay to go to court to get him to pay half school lunches. I doubt she'd win. Thats ridiculous.

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"

Serena's picture

when they did the child support calculation in the first place. I know it's different for every state, but in MO they include all the expenses it takes to raise a child and factor those in. Mustang's right, they do have programs for free/reduced lunch if she's struggling that much.

Tell her you'll buy her a loaf of bread, a package of lunch meat, 5 juice pouches, and 5 apples every week and she can pack his lunch. Wink

TinaKay's picture

The amount that is sent is supposed to cover food and thus, school lunches. Seems you have a birth mother who is going to be pulling at straws to find all kinds of little things she claims she needs help for. Maybe you should send her a copy of something as to what child support is supposed to cover.
There are lists online you can copy.

My husbands ex wanted my husband to pay for braces for the kids. Turned out his son wouldn't even brush his teeth as they were green. We told her, we didn't feel it required to help straighten rotting teeth and if she could not even make sure he bruahes them, she sure should not be asking for anything from childrens father....
to do her JOB first!!!! and most of her nonsense stopped after that.
My point is, to ask her exactly what she is packing him for lunch ???? suggest the sandwich, fruit and juice box in a paper bag FIRST before she comes crying for help
( to try helping herself).