You are here

BM moving boyfriend in

lorlors's picture

Hi there,

I know that legal systems differ the world over and I live in Australia it any insight would be helpful.So..... DH is paying off BMs mortgage. The house is still in both their names but once it is paid off, she will own it outright and DH will get nothing. SD has just told me this evening when I was driving to pick DH up, that her mum (BM) is moving her boyfriend into the house. As there is still outstanding money on the mortgage, it seems very unfair to me that now BMs boyfriend will be living for free in a house that my husband pays for and that neither BM or he will contribute anything to.

Basically, my question is. Is there anything that can be done to get BMs boyfriend to chip in a financial contribution?

Pilgrim Soul's picture

BM here, who went gay after the divorce, had her GF move in about a year later. They had researched the
court cases in their pro-BM state and concluded that co-habitation meant merging all financial matters, which they had not done, as the GF paid mortgage on her own house elsewhere but lived with BM and skids.
DH paid mortgage in lieu of child support AND paid alimony - which could only be stopped when cohabitation became official - BM denied it.

I used to be astonished by the fact that two man-hating LESBIANS (i am a woman, hear me roar types, alleged victims of male oppression, who referred to men as pigs) did not mind having a GUY pay for their lifestyle, and DH did not mind supporting his lying ex and her new paramour for a while.

In your situation, can you try and shame the BF into paying his own way? What man would want to live in a house paid for by his lover's previous guy? Brrr....

lorlors's picture

Yeah I agree. If I was her new bloke I'd be embarrassed. BM has no shame whatsoever and has always been a money grabber. Never worked a proper day in her entire life. I personally think that if your new man moves in he should be on the hook for a proportion of the mortgage. I am female, hard working and don't see a man or having children as my meal ticket to sit on my arse. HATE women that are so manipulative and ensure they never have to, want to or need to get a job.

In other news: SD12 is going to the school her brother goes to rather than BMs attempted manipulation to get DH to stump up for private school fees. In these situations, the small victories mean a lot.