You are here

BM made a customized shirt for SD... with her face on it! XD

soon2bestepmum's picture

So, after the last visit SD comes home wearing a tshirt that says "Mommy Loves SD", with BM's face plastered on it. I'm not kidding. She has zero boundaries, and is mentally ill but this is crazy even for her kind of crazy. My DH and I were rolling when we saw it, but at the same time I hate to admit that it really pisses me off. SD of course wants to wear it all the time, and it's awkward to be walking around in public with her sporting BM's face on her clothing. I feel like it's very inappropriate, not to mention pathetic... like, "Hey guys, look how much I love SD! See, see!" :sick:

Am I overreacting?

katietome's picture

Are you overreacting.... welll...... no.....yes....maybe.....

Hmmmm....

Even better than reacting at all to this shirt..... have SD wear it.

She needs to wear it to get ice-cream... oops, chocolate stains.
She needs to wear it to dinner... oops, ketchup stains.
She needs to wear it to play in the sprinklers in the grass.... ooops, grass stains.

You *DO* know how to do laundry to properly get stains out, right?!?!?

Make sure you mess that single-item-load up.

One final question:

Do you know how to play pin-the-tail-on-the-DONKEY?

Kate

SMof2Girls's picture

LOL .. DH joked about getting skids t-shirts that say "My Stepmom Rocks" with pictures of me and the skids on them. We'd never actually do it .. but I'm sure BM would see red ..

step off already's picture

Those things don't do well in the wash typically. Make sure you wash it "really well" }:)

soon2bestepmum's picture

think I should mention that they're in the middle of a custody battle/evaluation. BM has temporarily lost her custodial rights.

It's lost in the laundry right now... I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Tuff Noogies's picture

do you have a front loader or a top loader?

if you have a top loader, you know sometimes things get wrapped around the agitator, and they just so happen to rip when you go to pull it out, since wet fabric is far more fragile....

i'm just sayin', it could plausibly happen... }:)

chokinonlemons2u's picture

Omg. And I was aggravated when The RiceSlinger put her pic in the front of SD binder!

I wouldn't be able to look at a pic like that without fucking LAUGHING every single time....

HadEnoughx5's picture

Things with pictures on them also don't do very well in the dryer or using an iron....it may cause a burned iron mark on it Wink

paul_in_utah's picture

I had something similar happen once. When SD's "perfect" bio-daddy re-married, her new step-mom sent her home with a picture of SD, SD's new step-mom, SD's bio-daddy, and SD's new step-mom's kids, with a caption that read "My Family." As if we weren't a family ourselves. It pissed me off at the time, but over the years, I have just started to think of it as ironic and Nostradomus-like, since I no longer consider SD a part of my family.

soon2bestepmum's picture

I get that it's special to my SD, and I would never intentionally ruin it. I let her keep other pics of BM in our house, because I'm not so insecure that I feel threatened at the sight of BM's nasty mug. However, the t-shirt stunt was downright obnoxious, and IMO manipulative considering the situation we're currently in with her. She's trying very hard to make a statement, and it's pathetic.

chokinonlemons2u's picture

I agree. There is just NO way would I be looking at BMs face on my skids in my home. Would anyone suggest you hang framed pictures of BM in every room of your home because they are SPECIAL to SD? Of course not, but how is that so very different from the child following you around w BMs face blasted on him.

YoungStep's picture

How old is SD?? How old is BM? For any age BM its hysterical, but sad for skid. I would be so embarrassed if I was the skid beyond age 2!!

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

Well, BM made a bag for MIL that has SS's face plastered all over it and says SS LOVES NANA.

MIL pulled it out of the closet at Christmas and asked if my parents, who were coming to her house for dinner, would be offended by it... well... not unless my parents have a habit of going through other people's closets, which I don't think they do.

Anyway, it's weird but these days kids are seen as accessories too often.