You are here

BM is looking to pick a fight!

AmIWicked's picture

Youngest step daughter went to doctor yesterday. I don't go into the office room but BM and my husband did. She has strep throat.

So today my husband sends a message on OFW:
"SD stayed home from school today."

And he gets back from BM:

"Thanks! As she should have considering Dr. blank said in her appointment yesterday...No School until antibiotics are on board and condition improves.

But, then again this isn't (my husband-implying I am the one sending the message)... Please be sure to buy SD a new toothbrush before THURSDAY and destroy her old one.

Thanks!!!

BM"

Really??? BM? can you make it any more obvious that you are looking to pick a fight?

This is being ignored by the way... but she will get another message tomorrow saying the girl stayed home as well,...because he is obligated to inform her,...duh...

Orange County Ca's picture

Buy the toothbrush. My kidney failure is thought to be caused by untreated or under-treated strep throat. It's a serious illness.

Put the old one in the new box and send it to her with note saying you accidently bought two and maybe she could use it.

QueenBeau's picture

The point isn't the tooth brush. SD's dad is more than capable of buying her a new toothbrush, I'm certain. The point is, BM is trying to be snob by like "I know this isn't biofather, so stepmom - buy a new toothbrush"

That leading part was unneeded, & judging that OP was annoyed - I would guess she is not the one using OFW for her husband & that her husband actually was the one using it.

SMof2Girls's picture

I don't think BM will know WHO bought the toothbrush. As long as the skid gets a new one, none of the rest of it matters.

Have a glass of wine and talk about your dreams with your husband Smile

misSTEP's picture

Yeah, if she thinks it is YOU and NOT your DH, then she is ordering you to buy a toothbrush for HER kid. Screw that bitch!! (of course, I am sure your DH will want to buy one, but that's not the point)

bug3211's picture

Is there something I am not getting? I don't see what the problem is. Don't sweat the small stuff.

AmIWicked's picture

She is trying to rub my nose in the fact that I "excuse myself" from the doctor office room when she shows up,

(mostly because 5 people in a doctor's waiting room is cramped on normal circumstances, let alone with a high conflict person while there are no witnesses!)

Her insinuation was meaning It HAD to be me sending the message, because my husband and her were alone with the doctor and heard what the doctor said. She isn't getting that it was my husband documenting that BM was made aware of a doctor's orders being followed.
She also likes to try and make my husband and I fight by saying things like "oh he didn't tell you what we talked about? Well, if you two have trouble communicating, that's not my problem." That's all that toothbrush thing was about she likes to tell me things that she thinks my husband didn't tell me.
She wants it to be me writing the messages, because she wants me to start a fight with my husband saying, "Why didn't you tell me XYZ, I'm being left out!" - Which is how she feels all the time.

Some may think I'm looking too much into this,... but I've been around BM long enough to know...
I just wanted to share how quickly a simple message of a kid missing school turned into an accusatory jab.

AmIWicked's picture

I also get a big kick out of seeing BM's responses in the "Tone meter" on OFW. It showed her response was "upsetting" and "concerning". Yet another reason why I love Our Family Wizard!

AmIWicked's picture

On Our Family Wizard you can add a "Tone Meter" to your account which reads your messages and looks for alarming, hostile, aggressive, concerning, upsetting, humiliating,..etc tones in your messages you are sending the other parent. Things like "I hate your new haircut" gets red flagged as agitated and aggressive. It helps when you are responding back quickly to a message to not say the wrong thing.
Like, "SD was bleeding from her leg when I picked her up at your house, so I took her to the emergency room like any caring parent would do and she will probably need stitches!" Gets flagged. It forces you to write things a different way to say instead. "SD is at the ER at such and such hospital with a cut on her foot. You are welcome to come, otherwise I will let you know the outcome when she is released."
You can opt into the tone meter or opt out...
Either BM opted out, or she is ignoring it,... either way,... It humors me.

AmIWicked's picture

www.ourfamilywizard.com

It was court ordered for my husband and BM. BM said the communication was non existent between them. My husband wanted everything documented because he was tired of BM saying one thing and then doing another, or saying he said or did something he didn't.

The site is for communication through instant messages, sent to phone or email, posting calendars of where the children will be, logging expenses, uploading school documents, and has a private and public journal to keep track of events. Whatever you do on OFW it gets logged, even if you change something later, there is a trail. Basically it has stopped A LOT of confusion!

And I love the idea of sending a toothbrush with her to her mom's.... I think that should go on the passive aggressive thread,... "well BM, I thought you said the girl needed a new toothbrush, that should be at both homes, right?"

tessa12's picture

Oh, she sounds just like our BM. Like she's the only one who has a brain to swap out the child's toothbrush. I was told to pickup Tylenol on the home from work for a sick SS. Her language is condescending and insulting "DESTROY the other one?". DH and I just ignore that sh-t. I love the signature of not wrestling with pigs, very true. She's obviously very bored.