You are here

the bm just doesn't seem to care

dawnmblack's picture

I haven't been on here in a week or two. Everything has been going pretty good. I wrote quite a long time ago about how my 8 year old sd is constantly peeing in her pants. Not little accidents but a whole entire pee and then she'll sit on furniture or on the seats in my van. yuck. Anyway, she finally went for an ultrasound after her bm missed one appointment because "she forgot". It was booked for sept 11th, it would seem like a hard date to forget to me but anyway she did finally take her and she had an appointment for yesterday to get the results. My bf and I were having a rare vacation day off yesterday and I reminded him about the appointment. He said he thought he should call and remind bm of the appointment. Guess what, bm said that he never told her about the appointment, he did though. Then she said that her car wasn't reliable enough to drive there and so they weren't going. It's funny that her car is reliable enough to drive to the gym that is on the same street but not to her daughters doctor's appointment, she also lives right on a city bus route and there are also plenty of taxis. I'm sure the other stepmoms can guess what happened next. My bf and I went and got my kids from school and then picked up sd, went to the dr and then took sd back home. The ultrasound showed that nothing was wrong however she has been refered to a pediatric urologist for further investigation. I guess the whole point of writing this is to vent about how much the bm doesn't even care about her own child. My sd has now been peeing her pants for 2 years, it is only because I told bf that I was sick of cleaning up messes and he either did something or one of us would not be able to be there anymore. This kid goes through 8-10 pairs of pants in a day, my 3 yr old wouldn't go through that many pairs of pants in two weeks!

happy's picture

I am not an expert by any means.. But she could seriously be peeing her pants for other reasons.. Attention, maybe something has or had happened to her 2 years ago. It seems strange that she all of a sudden just pees her pants.. Accidents are going to happen but to just pee a flood. My son is the same age and he doesn't pee his pants.. One thing I did with my ex ss is I bought him pull ups and he wore those I think for two or three nights and never had an accident again. He was 4 at the time and I think looking back on it, it had something to do with me and his mom not getting along at all. She provoked alot of heated conversations, and they were usually when he was at her house.. So I am pretty sure that a lot of it was the stress that we caused. I am not at all saying this is the case in your situation I am just telling my story. Again I am not expert, I just know that when his mom and I finally started to act like adults he was better all the way around.
Sorry to hear that she wouldn't even take her own daughter to her appointment to find out if there was anything medically wrong. that is really sad.

Happy

" make sure you tell the people you love most EVERYDAY.. Its important not only for them to know but for you to tell.. Life is to short to be miserable..